Contribute
Register

Is there a VGA patch for HD4600?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is an active (not passive) adapter, then it might work.

Thanks. I never heard of that (active vs passive adapters) so I learnt something new.

So not all active adapters work. Are there any other factors to consider before buying one to increase the possibility of getting it working? Or should I try my luck? there are many of them tagged active on Amazon and other stores.

Thanks. I never heard of that (active vs passive adapters) so I learnt something new.

So not all active adapters work. Are there any other factors to consider before buying one to increase the possibility of getting it working? Or should I try my luck? there are many of them tagged active on Amazon and other stores.

An active adapter would completely emulate HDMI. OS X would believe there is an HDMI monitor connected. A passive adapter would bring the analog signal through to HDMI.

No idea on which adapters might work. I have no VGA monitors (they are relics of the past).

An active adapter would completely emulate HDMI. OS X would believe there is an HDMI monitor connected. A passive adapter would bring the analog signal through to HDMI.

No idea on which adapters might work. I have no VGA monitors (the are relics of the past).

Okay now I understand more. I will try my luck as I have to be able to connect to VGA projector in my work. Yes it is a relic but I cannot change it. Thanks again.

Okay now I understand more. I will try my luck as I have to be able to connect to VGA projector in my work. Yes it is a relic but I cannot change it. Thanks again.

You might use search to see if you can find success stories with a specific adapter.

Otherwise, roll the dice and see what happens.

You might use search to see if you can find success stories with a specific adapter.

Otherwise, roll the dice and see what happens.

I can't find any useful information about any proven-to-work adapter. I will give it a shot any buy one and see. Thanks again.

Hi Rehabman. I bought this one >Here< and it works very well. Thanks for the advice about Active adapter !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back