Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I am upgrading my Sierra to Ventura, and need the Hackintool to setup the USB Ports so that my hardware will install from the Install USB.

The latest version of Hackintool starts compatibility with OS 10.13

Is there an alternative app to help identify and setup my USB ports?

thanks,
tony

Hi,

I am upgrading my Sierra to Ventura, and need the Hackintool to setup the USB Ports so that my hardware will install from the Install USB.

The latest version of Hackintool starts compatibility with OS 10.13

Is there an alternative app to help identify and setup my USB ports?

thanks,
tony
update to High Sierra then do the USB port setup

although XhciPortLimit quirk has been fixed in opencore 0.9.3 so you can use that and upgrade

Last edited:
LOL -- unless I'm missing something, the problem is that by selecting the INSTALL VENTURA (external) option in the OpenCore menu list, it hands off the rest of the installation to the USB but the BIOS has "lost" track of where the Installer is, and so I get the "Prohibitory Symbol" ...

So, it seems to me trying to upgrade has nothing to do with that OS I'm trying to get to and this problem would persist going to High Sierra as well, no?

BTW, I did have XhciPortLimit quirk set as checked.
tony

LOL -- unless I'm missing something, the problem is that by selecting the INSTALL VENTURA (external) option in the OpenCore menu list, it hands off the rest of the installation to the USB but the BIOS has "lost" track of where the Installer is, and so I get the "Prohibitory Symbol" ...

So, it seems to me trying to upgrade has nothing to do with that OS I'm trying to get to and this problem would persist going to High Sierra as well, no?

BTW, I did have XhciPortLimit quirk set as checked.
tony
zip and upload your EFI so someone can take a look

Thanks... here it is...
you seem to be using a skylake smbios but your hardware profile is kabylake?

what version of opencore are you using?

you seem to be using a skylake smbios but your hardware profile is kabylake?

what version of opencore are you using?
OpenCore-0.9.4-RELEASE

And I started with this as my base ==>

Desktop_06thGen_Skylake_iMac17,1.plist

since my system screen says my Hack is an iMac 27-inch late 2015 and this seemed to be the closest match of the all the plists I saw available.

OpenCore-0.9.4-RELEASE

And I started with this as my base ==>

Desktop_06thGen_Skylake_iMac17,1.plist

since my system screen says my Hack is an iMac 27-inch late 2015 and this seemed to be the closest match of the all the plists I saw available.
use kabylake seeing as that is the hardware you have:

So to be clear the Install Guide is a step-by-step of how I would (presumably) use OpenCoreAuxilliaryTool to create my EFI from scratch, no ? Or is there a "base" plist for my hardware that I then add to/subtract from using the tool?
eh? that page makes no mention of OpenCoreAuxilliaryTool is was to tell you what settings to use for your hardware

Back