Contribute
Register

Is the 5th Generation Intel CPU premature for a new build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi Guys,
I'm looking at the shopping list and I'm going to build a new PC to replace my broken Macbook 13.

I got rumors around Apple that is going to replace the Macbook lineup very soon, so maybe 5th generations will be supported natively..

Now the question is: is convenient (in terms of getting an obsolete technology, not money!) to buy a complete Intel 4th generation based PC while the 5th generation is there?

Thanks
Max

I agree with you, I'm looking for a good price of a i7 4790k so I believe it will great for many years because I'm really using it as a programmer. Not using video editing or any CPU eaters software and sometimes I relax with some videogames.

I've already bought a GTX 960 so I'm going to buy the rest of the components and hope to write new posts soon on my new "Mac"

Thank you for your suggestions!
Cheers
Max

like others have said i'd stick with last years tech. being on the bleeding edge is more hassle than its worth

I agree with you, I'm looking for a good price of a i7 4790k so I believe it will great for many years because I'm really using it as a programmer. Not using video editing or any CPU eaters software and sometimes I relax with some videogames.

Thank you for your suggestions!
Cheers
Max

Why not save a hundred dollars by opting for the 4690K instead ? Games don't utilize more than
four cores and may perform worse with hyperthreading enabled. Coding would not benefit
from a 4790K over the I5 either. Easy way to save some cash. :thumbup:

http://www.dsogaming.com/editorial/...e-to-take-advantage-of-more-than-4-cpu-cores/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back