Contribute
Register

Is Radeon HD 6850 Supported in Lion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
kill_mark said:
6670 can be used with just a few things to consider..
take a loot at this
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=28464
i hope it works..

I saw this. It looks like you have to do this in Terminal. I am not a UNIX/LINUX guy, so I don't know how to do the steps there. If you could really spell it out for me, step by step, I could probably do it. :)

i'm not really sure if it works, but you can try going to windows and paste the boot file to Lion drive from there.. wait i'll read the right way of doing it.. however it will not hurt doing so.. :)

oh yeah don't forget to backup the original :) just put .bak on the file

by the way i tried copying the boot file on my chimera and paste it in my root, it worked provided that i type my password so you can use showallfiles and paste the boot fille that you downloaded..

kill_mark said:
i'm not really sure if it works, but you can try going to windows and paste the boot file to Lion drive from there.. wait i'll read the right way of doing it.. however it will not hurt doing so.. :)

oh yeah don't forget to backup the original :) just put .bak on the file

by the way i tried copying the boot file on my chimera and paste it in my root, it worked provided that i type my password so you can use showallfiles and paste the boot fille that you downloaded..

Funny thing...It will show me the files, but the hidden files are grayed out, so I can't select or rename them, including the boot file. I tried doing it from my Snow Leopard install (which is on a separate HDD) but that didn't work.

stiqan said:
redshift82r said:
Gigabyte HD 6850 Dual monitor as per sig below - AtiConfig = Bulrushes, AtiPorts=4, GraphicsEnabler=Yes..... DvdPlayer, GeekBench etc working fine. Cinebench=49.58 fp

Good card.

Am i supposed to throw that into org.chameleon.boot.plist as in

<string>AtiConfig</string>
<key>Bulrushes</key>
etc?

I tried that, did nothing, but then again, i might be waaay off. How can i get two dvi monitors working on a single 6850 card? Alternatively, one of the monitors support hdmi, however that doesn't work either.

Clearly im a complete newbie. Help is greatly appreciated.

Edit. Got it working.

Stiqan, Can you tell us how you got it working?

I pasted that stuff in and still no dual monitor. I shows that the other monitor is connected, but no signal is going to the monitor.

redshift82r said:
Gigabyte HD 6850 Dual monitor as per sig below - AtiConfig = Bulrushes, AtiPorts=4, GraphicsEnabler=Yes..... DvdPlayer, GeekBench etc working fine. Cinebench=49.58 fp

Good card.

redshift82r, I noticed you have 1280 x 1024 in the string, does that matter? I have one 1920x1080 and one 1280x1024.

If I switch the two monitors, same thing, first monitor output is fine, second is nothing.

I'm not near my Hack - on holidays and missing it! So you need to post your bdmsg.txt, the graphics part of your system report, your chameleon.boot.plist and your symbiosis.plist so we can have a look. What ports are you using for the monitors?
For instance , I am using the Hdmi and the Dvi port that is on the same slot as the HDMI port.

The resolution string is not neede but wouldn't be causing the problem you are describing. I seem to recall someone saying that the dvi port on the second slot doesn't work with Bulrushes.

Anyway, post your diagnostic stuff and let's see what we can do.

Thanks for the help.

Graphics Profile:

AMD Radeon HD 6850:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon HD 6850
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6739
Revision ID: 0x0000
Displays:
ASUS VE278:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Display Serial Number: x
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported

chameleon plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000</string>
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Bulrushes</string>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>4</string>
<key>&quot;Graphics Mode&quot;</key>
<string>&quot;1280x1024x32&quot;</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

smbios plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>Mac Pro</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacPro3,1</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>G88451235J4</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Ok, so take out the graphics mode line, not needed, should recognise the monitor. What you haven't answered is what ports r u using. The dvi port on the second slot doesn't work in this config, but the HDMI, dvi port that's on the same slot and mini display port do work.

aaaah so both DVI at the same time doesn't work?

Is it the Card? does the more expensive one work?

I guess it doesn't matter, my main monitor has DP, DVI, HDMI and vga...
so i'll try hdmi & dvi first, but I want to be able to output to my TV for certain things, so hopefully I can get all three going.

I'll test this out and let you know! Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back