Contribute
Register

Is possible to install snow leopard on gigabyte Z87-hd3 mother and Intel I5 4440 haswell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87-HD3
CPU
Intel I5 4440
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Is possible to install snow leopard on gigabyte Z87-hd3 mother and Intel I5 4440 haswell?
Try installing a osx 10.6.7 but says Mac Os X cant be installed on this computer.
I am using a Toshiba notebook drive.
I need help on how to install osx 10.6.8 Urgent. thanks

xlres....

If you mean you want to have Snow Leo running and booting from a Hard drive w this hardware -
install snow leopard on gigabyte Z87-hd3 mother and Intel I5 4440 haswell?
then No - Intel Haswell hardware only works with Mavericks and Mountain Lion 10.8.5.
The kernel in the Snow Leo OSX has no provisions to support native Intel Haswell Hardware.
If you have Haswell hardware you need Mavericks - If you want to use Snow Leopard then you need Sandy Bridge hardware.
And I am sure that Apple will not be updating OSX SL for this.

Now if you want to get to Mavericks for this hardware ... then yes you can or should be able to get Snow Leopard running w the Haswell IBOOT CD just long enough to download Mavericks and make a USB drive to install it...

Using iBoot Haswell enables you to do this function its not for running programs on or continual use of Snow Leo on Haswell hardware...
Its like your computer is in Hospital on life support only .... and to be cured it needs Mavericks.

Hi, at now, I need to use os 10.6.8 just for FreeHand (it doesn t matter why). My hard is core i5-4440 (haswell) with mobo h81m-h. I could install os 10.6 and it works, but when I install combo update to 10.6.8, the os doesn t boot (the process to update and multibeast finish well). So, first, the os works in haswell processors, second, what could be the problem with the update? I try with and without UpdateHelper (for sandy bridge). I think that if 10.6 can run on haswell, 10.6.8 must run too. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back