Register

Is OCLP used to update OC on EFI?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87-HD3
CPU
i7-4770
Graphics
GT 740
I had been using OCAuxilary Tools to update open core and kexts but from what I can see this maybe defunct now? Can somebody confirm?

If this is the case, are there alternative tools to do this now?

I see OCLP but it's hard to gauge whether this is the right tool. My Hac has a Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019 profile. When I launch OCLP the Build and Install OpenCore button is greyed out. Is there a possibilty this is because it sees that I was already on version 0.9.5 of OC?

In any case I am only moving to the last version of macOS 13. I am waiting a a month or two mre to upgrade to version 14. But I will probably need to add the following two kexts for this from what I have read:
  1. 10SkywalkFamily.kext
  2. 1080211 FamilyLegacy.kext
I may need OCLP for the Root Patching. Documentation is a little patchy. Mr Macintsh says it needs to be installed in HD > Library > Application Suport > Dortania?

Some feed back appreciated.

I had been using OCAuxilary Tools to update open core and kexts but from what I can see thsi maybe defunct now? Can somebody confirm?

I see OCLP but it's hard to guage whether this is the right tool. My Hac has a Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019 profile. When I launch OCLP the Build and Install OpenCore button is greyed out. Is there a possibilty this is because it sees that I was already on version 0.9.5 of OC?

In any case I am only moving to the last version of macOS 13. I am waiting a a month or two mre to upgrade to version 14. But I will probalbly need to add the folowing two kexts for this from what I have read:
  1. 10SkywalkFamily.kext
  2. 1080211 FamilyLegacy.kext
I may need OCLP for the Root Patching. Documentation is a little patchy. Mr Macintsh says it needs to be installed in HD > Library > Application Suport > Dortania?

Some feed back appreciated.
OCAT is still being used with no real issues

and OCLP is required for Sonoma for legacy wifi cards

I had been using OCAuxilary Tools to update open core and kexts but from what I can see this maybe defunct now? Can somebody confirm?

I see OCLP but it's hard to gauge whether this is the right tool.
These two apps are completely different and not interchangeable. OCAT still works to update OC and kexts.

OCLP isn't designed for or intended to perform the EFI folder updates on a Hackintosh, only on real Macs. The root patching for WIFI/BT cards is commonly done on hacks but that adds patches to your macOS system drive.

So to summarize OCLP is only used on hacks for a few specific use cases: When you need root patching for Broadcom Wifi/BT cards or unsupported graphics. I wouldn't attempt to use it to update OpenCore. Would likely create a mess of your EFI folder and make the system unbootable. Why ? Because your hackintosh doesn't contain the exact same hardware that a real Mac does. The Wireless and sound cards will certainly be different and also many other hardware components as well.

Last edited:
I used OCLP to fix the on board sound issue and T919 wifi issue. It worked really well.

Yes, try it on a different drive before you run it on your real Hack.

Thanks all for that feedback. In terms of EFI/OC update that's more clear now.

For any Wifi issues, I will use OCLP for the WiFi BT patching.

In terms of install of OCLP. Is there a specific directory that this should be placed or is the Applications folder ok.

Back