Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4
I9-12900K
G-Skill 32GB 3666 DDR4
RTX 3080 TI
1000W EVGA Gold
Samsung 970 NVME SSD

Is the above setup compatible with ANY version of macOS? Would like to build first hackintosh. I presently tried to install with catalina, but failing after launching into clover and selecting the install usb drive. Getting stuck at Apple Logo then mouse/kb disconnect as well as usb drive so it wont install. Any tips or advice?

Would integrated graphics be an option?

Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4
I9-12900K
G-Skill 32GB 3666 DDR4
RTX 3080 TI
1000W EVGA Gold
Samsung 970 NVME SSD

Is the above setup compatible with ANY version of macOS? Would like to build first hackintosh. I presently tried to install with catalina, but failing after launching into clover and selecting the install usb drive. Getting stuck at Apple Logo then mouse/kb disconnect as well as usb drive so it wont install. Any tips or advice?
As mentioned your Nvidia graphics card and CPU integrated graphics are both NOT supported on MacOS. In fact your hardware (Intel 12th generation) is not supported as Apple moves to its own CPUs and never uses any Intel CPU beyond the 10th generation.

If you really want to try, the first thing you need to do is to replace your Nvidia card with a supported AMD card like the RX 6800 / 6800 XT / 6900 XT. The second thing you need to do is to replace your Samsung NVMe SSD with a more compatible SSD as Samsung NVMe SSDs are known to cause problems in recent versions of MacOS like Monterey (and perhaps Ventura also).

If you are unwilling to do this then forget about running MacOS on your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back