Contribute
Register

Is my laptop compatible with Mac OS and if so, how do I install it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Ideapad 5
CPU
i7-6500U
Graphics
HD 520
Hi everyone

Sorry if it's a basic or annoying question but I'm completely new to all of this and it's all a bit overwhelming.

I'm a student and I'm required to use Mac only software but don't have the funds to buy a new macbook so my last resort is attempting to boot mac from my windows laptop. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank You in advance

Hi everyone

Sorry if it's a basic or annoying question but I'm completely new to all of this and it's all a bit overwhelming.

I'm a student and I'm required to use Mac only software but don't have the funds to buy a new macbook so my last resort is attempting to boot mac from my windows laptop. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank You in advance
Read up on the FAQ first:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Link to laptop guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Thanks for replying. I've followed the clover guide however, when command prompt doesnt recognize the command "diskutil list"? So I'm literally stuck on the first step lol. Any advice here?

Thanks for replying. I've followed the clover guide however, when command prompt doesnt recognize the command "diskutil list"? So I'm literally stuck on the first step lol. Any advice here?
"diskutil" is part of the mac operating system, what's the issue?

I apologise. Suffice to say I'm completely clueless. I want to be able to boot mac OS from my windows laptop. Is this possible? I don't have access to a Mac

I apologise. Suffice to say I'm completely clueless. I want to be able to boot mac OS from my windows laptop. Is this possible? I don't have access to a Mac
you need a mac or a working hack to be able to create the usb installer (you cannot use windows to create the installer)

I understand. Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back