Contribute
Register

Is my first build compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270MX > Need full model name > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all! Full disclosure, I am completely new at building computers, but I have been researching and lurking here for some time.
I am beyond excited to start the project of building a hackintosh for my music production work, but first I want to confirm the compatibility of my components and hear any general advice offered from those far wiser than I...

(Note: Apparently I posted this in the wrong category last night as this morning it had disappeared. Sorry about that, and hopefully it has been corrected)

The goals:

• A powerful machine suitable for heavy music production and occasional light video editing
  • Kinda smallish microATX form factor!
  • Able to drive two 4k displays @ 60hz

The parts:

As far as I can tell everything should play nicely, but as this is my first build, I would greatly appreciate a second opinion before I pull the trigger on this.

Thank you for your time! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all! Full disclosure, I am completely new at building computers, but I have been researching and lurking here for some time

I am beyond excited to start the project of building a hackintosh for my music production work, but first I want to confirm the compatibility of my components and hear any general advice offered from those far wiser than I...

(Note: Apparently I posted this in the wrong category last night as this morning it had disappeared. Sorry about that, and hopefully it has been corrected)

The goals:

• A powerful machine suitable for heavy music production and occasional light video editing
  • Kinda smallish microATX form factor!
  • Able to drive two 4k displays @ 60hz

The parts:

As far as I can tell everything should play nicely, but as this is my first build, I would greatly appreciate a second opinion before I pull the trigger on this.

Thank you for your time! :)

Yes, I agree that your parts should work with MacOS Sierra or High Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back