Graphics
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm trying to make my PC into a hackintosh but before that I want to know if my current hardware is compatible. Just to start off, I currently have a AMD Phenom II X4 955 processor. I know that this will not work and I was thinking about getting an Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz. And before swapping out all my other parts I want to know if the following are all compatible:

Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7870
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3

I've been wanting to do this for a while but haven't had the time or money and this seems a lot cheaper than buying a mac.
Thanks for your feedback.

You can't put an Intel CPU on an AMD motherboard!

I'm trying to make my PC into a hackintosh but before that I want to know if my current hardware is compatible. Just to start off, I currently have a AMD Phenom II X4 955 processor. I know that this will not work and I was thinking about getting an Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz. And before swapping out all my other parts I want to know if the following are all compatible:

Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7870
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3

I've been wanting to do this for a while but haven't had the time or money and this seems a lot cheaper than buying a mac.
Thanks for your feedback.

As someone already said you cannot just get the 3570K as your motherboard is not compatible with it. You also need a socket 1155 motherboard (H61/B75/H77/Z77). And your graphics card also is not supported in OSX.

So, you need at a minimium a CPU (your choice is the 3570K) and a socket 1155 motherboard (here we recommend Gigabyte motherboards like the GA-Z77X-UD5H). You can use the CPU graphics if you do not want to buy a graphics card.

As someone already said you cannot just get the 3570K as your motherboard is not compatible with it. You also need a socket 1155 motherboard (H61/B75/H77/Z77). And your graphics card also is not supported in OSX.

So, you need at a minimium a CPU (your choice is the 3570K) and a socket 1155 motherboard (here we recommend Gigabyte motherboards like the GA-Z77X-UD5H). You can use the CPU graphics if you do not want to buy a graphics card.

That is exactly the fact. Also I support what BitterMelon is saying that you can't put an Intel CPU on an AMD motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back