Graphics
EVGA GTX960 4GB SS
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello guys,

I need your opinion, will I be able to use Yosemite (latest version) on next configuration:

MB: Z77A-G41
CPU: i5-2550K
RAM: 16GB
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 4GB Super Clocked
SSD: Samsung 850 Pro

Also if you are able to send me some tips what's best way to install it.

P.S. I have currently AMD R7 260, but I will order tomorrow GTX 960.

Thanks !

Motherboard and CPU will be fine best bet for the GPU is the GTX960.

@jbamford Thanks for really fast reply. One more question:

I have 3 monitors, main is 4K Samsung U28D590D and 2x Asus MX279H monitors, will be I able to use all monitors at same time ?

About GTX960, I'm going to order it tomorrow... so I will prepare everything to move from Windows 10. I can't stress anymore about bad display scaling.

I have already MBPro 15 Retina, and I'm really satisfied with it and I find it more comfortable for my work.

Thanks a lot once more !

Will be fine. Just make sure you boot with nv_disable=1 on install and once you've installed you wil need to boot nv_disable=1 run Multibeast then reboot and boot with nv_disable=1 and install nvidia web drivers once u done at add nvda_drv=1 to your boot.plist unless your going to use clover?

I want to use Clover so I can have iMessages enabled between devices, but I'm not quite sure what patches to use and other things. I will take a look at some tutorials and I think there will be no trouble.

So for now, I think that I will use Clover :) If you have other recommendations - please let me now !

Edit: Also, do I need to patch BIOS on this MB ?

Thanks

Yeah clover will be fine. You will have to experiment tho. You will need to boot with nv_disable=1 until you installed the web drivers. Good luck :thumbup:

@jbamford, thank you for help one more time. I've successfully installed El Capitan without any problems while installing and post installation. But there is only one problem:

When computer goes to sleep mode, it can't be waked up and 2 USB port's are not working from 4 in front of PC (I think they are 2.0 ports, other 3.0 works without problems).

Is there any patch for this non-working's USB ports and waking up issue ?

Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back