Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello there, I'm new around here so I'm gonna start off by introducing myself.

My Name: Fegelein - some of you may or may not have watched Downfall parodies before. I'm a creator of the parodies so that explains my name.

Why am I here: I am really interested in building a Hackintosh after seeing one of my friends has one. I have done all my research into building one and it seems it isn't too hard for me so I decided to go ahead.

What I currently use: Windows 7 64bit Ultimate SP1. I'm bored of the entire OS and really like the idea of having a Mac OS system.

I want you guys to tell me if my parts are compatible before I buy them:

Coolermaster HAF 912 Plus (obviously compatible as it's a case)
Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H (motherboard)
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB
Radeon 6850
A wireless card (http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/netw ... 50wpc.html)
2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i5 2320 3.00GHz Socket LGA1155
Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-10600 C9 1333MHz Dual Channel
LG GH24NS90 DVD+/-RW SuperMulti 24x SATA

Re: My Build :)

Fegelein said:

My Name: Fegelein - some of you may or may not have watched Downfall parodies before. I'm a creator of the parodies so that explains my name.

Why am I here: I am really interested in building a Hackintosh after seeing one of my friends has one. I have done all my research into building one and it seems it isn't too hard for me so I decided to go ahead.

What I currently use: Windows 7 64bit Ultimate SP1. I'm bored of the entire OS and really like the idea of having a Mac OS system.

I want you guys to tell me if my parts are compatible before I buy them:Thanks :D

Coolermaster HAF 912 Plus (obviously compatible as it's a case) :thumbup:

Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H (motherboard) :thumbdown: has unsupported VIA audio, use the DS3H instead unless you are planning to buy PCI, USB or Firewire audio interface

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB - OK - a Caviar Black or SSD is better for boot drive.

Radeon 6850 - :thumbup: I would go with the sapphire vapor-x model - I have had very good use from them

A wireless card (http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/netw ... 50wpc.html) - OK

2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i5 2320 3.00GHz Socket LGA1155 - OK

Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-10600 C9 1333MHz Dual Channel :thumbup:

LG GH24NS90 DVD+/-RW SuperMulti 24x SATA - OK, but if sleep is important to you, you might want to use the Sony Optiarc or Pioneer instead.

Re: My Build :)

Going Bald said:
Fegelein said:

I want you guys to tell me if my parts are compatible before I buy them:Thanks :D

Coolermaster HAF 912 Plus (obviously compatible as it's a case) :thumbup:

Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H (motherboard) :thumbdown: has unsupported VIA audio, use the DS3H instead unless you are planning to buy PCI, USB or Firewire audio interface

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB - OK - a Caviar Black or SSD is better for boot drive.

Radeon 6850 - :thumbup: I would go with the sapphire vapor-x model - I have had very good use from them

A wireless card (http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/netw ... 50wpc.html) - OK

2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i5 2320 3.00GHz Socket LGA1155 - OK

Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-10600 C9 1333MHz Dual Channel :thumbup:

LG GH24NS90 DVD+/-RW SuperMulti 24x SATA - OK, but if sleep is important to you, you might want to use the Sony Optiarc or Pioneer instead.

Can you recommend me a mobo from http://www.novatech.co.uk/ that is around the same price and compatible with all the parts? :)

Guten Tag, kamraden! And yeah, other than a few other parts, your current proposed build seems legit. And another thing - make sure to pick the RIGHT kexts and stuff if you don't want to end up in a series of unfortunate reinstalls.

BTW, it's me, subtitlecomedy. :lol:

Thanks for the replies everyone. More confirmations that it works will be great. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back