1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard: ASUS Z270-F
CPU: i7-7700k
GPU: MSI 660Ti

If for any reason my system is compatible, my CPU is currently overclocked will I have to remove my overclock?

Motherboard: ASUS Z270-F
CPU: i7-7700k
GPU: MSI 660Ti

If for any reason my system is compatible, my CPU is currently overclocked will I have to remove my overclock?
The GTX 660 Ti is known to suffer from graphics artifact problems when running MacOS High Sierra (and probably later) :

Asus Z270-F? Is this your motherboard?

If so, and if you want to run MacOS on your computer, I suggest you should remove the 660 Ti and (1) replace it with a compatible AMD card such as RX 580, or (2) just use the CPU integrated graphics of the i7 7700K. Your system will then be compatible with MacOS High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina / Big Sur.

You can keep the overclock if you want.

The GTX 660 Ti is known to suffer from graphics artifact problems when running MacOS High Sierra (and probably later) :

Asus Z270-F? Is this your motherboard?

If so, and if you want to run MacOS on your computer, I suggest you should remove the 660 Ti and (1) replace it with a compatible AMD card such as RX 580, or (2) just use the CPU integrated graphics of the i7 7700K. Your system will then be compatible with MacOS High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina / Big Sur.

You can keep the overclock if you want.
Sweet and by chance do you know if I’ll be okay connecting a focusrite Audio interface and 960 EVO m.2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back