Motherboard
ASUS H87m-E
CPU
INTEL i5 4570
Graphics
GTX 1060 3gb
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone, i would like to know if my build is compatible for atleast Mojave.

MoBo: ASUS H87m-E
GPU: GTX 1060 (I know that gpu is not compatible that why i would like to know if its ok with Sapphire RX580 8gb Pulse)
CPU: Intel i5 4570
PSU: Corsair TX650m
Soundcard: Soundblaster Z (if no, which one in same category)
SSD: Western Digital Green

Thank you very much!

ASUS H87m-E = Yes
GTX 1060 = No
Sapphire RX580 8gb Pulse = Yes
i5 4570 = Yes
Corsair TX650m = Yes
Soundblaster Z = No
Western Digital Green : Green drives are not generally recommended for operating systems because of the energy saving features impacting on performance (but it should work).

ASUS H87m-E = Yes
GTX 1060 = No
Sapphire RX580 8gb Pulse = Yes
i5 4570 = Yes
Corsair TX650m = Yes
Soundblaster Z = No
Western Digital Green : Green drives are not generally recommended for operating systems because of the energy saving features impacting on performance (but it should work).

Thank you very much for your response, ok i will change and SSD too.

Hello everyone, i would like to know if my build is compatible for at least Mojave.

MoBo: ASUS H87m-E
GPU: GTX 1060 (I know that gpu is not compatible that why i would like to know if its ok with Sapphire RX580 8gb Pulse)
CPU: Intel i5 4570
PSU: Corsair TX650m
Soundcard: Soundblaster Z (if no, which one in same category)
SSD: Western Digital Green

Thank you very much!

For the sound you will have to use the audio from the motherboard. Remove the card if you no longer need it.

For the sound you will have to use the audio from the motherboard. Remove the card if you no longer need it.

Is soundblaster omni 5.1 compatible?

Also, i7-4790 compatible too? Because i am thinking to switch from i5 due to bottleneck with the gpu

Is soundblaster omni 5.1 compatible?

Also, i7-4790 compatible too? Because i am thinking to switch from i5 due to bottleneck with the gpu

The Sound Blaster Omni 5.1 is a USB sound device and Creative's site says it should work with Mac :

The i7 4790 is compatible and you can simply replace your i5 with the i7 and MacOS Mojave should work directly.

The Sound Blaster Omni 5.1 is a USB sound device and Creative's site says it should work with Mac :

The i7 4790 is compatible and you can simply replace your i5 with the i7 and MacOS Mojave should work directly.
Thank you very much for your time!

Excuse, my plans changed.

In the end i bought i7 4770s not 4790. Is it ok?

Last question can i use any rx 580 or only sapphire’s one ?

Thank u!

Excuse, my plans changed.

In the end i bought i7 4770s not 4790. Is it ok?

Last question can i use any rx 580 or only sapphire’s one ?

Thank u!

The CPU is fine, apple recommends the sapphire but any RX580 should work.

Regarding the creative USB sound card, I have been a creative user for many years. I have a different USB sound card and it worked great right up until it stoped working. It is not the sound card stops working it is that the micro usb port breaks. I had two sets of USB head phones from Creative that stopped working in the same manner. Because of the head phone exprence I took steps to protect the sound card. I double sided taped the sound card to my desk and then 6 inches away from the card I used a wire strap to hold the wire in place so any movement of the computer would not impact the USB mini port on the card. However, the micro usb port still crapped out I wish I had to skills to hardwire the cord. The sound from the sound blaster was so much cleaner.

The CPU is fine, apple recommends the sapphire but any RX580 should work.

Regarding the creative USB sound card, I have been a creative user for many years. I have a different USB sound card and it worked great right up until it stoped working. It is not the sound card stops working it is that the micro usb port breaks. I had two sets of USB head phones from Creative that stopped working in the same manner. Because of the head phone exprence I took steps to protect the sound card. I double sided taped the sound card to my desk and then 6 inches away from the card I used a wire strap to hold the wire in place so any movement of the computer would not impact the USB mini port on the card. However, the micro usb port still crapped out I wish I had to skills to hardwire the cord. The sound from the sound blaster was so much cleaner.

I appreciate your response, is the port so sensitive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back