Contribute
Register

Is My Build Compatible with a Hackintosh Install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graphics : GTX 980
CPU : Prime Z370-A
WIFI : PCE-AC55BT

You have not listed a CPU. And the ASUS WiFi card is not compatible but could be upgraded by swapping in a compatible module.

Good modding,
neil

Thank you responding, Yes so my CPU is the Intel i7 8700K, Is that one that would work?

And about the wifi card, what are my options for compatible modules?

So I finally got my hackintosh sierra to work! after numerous attempts and to be honest I am not sure what exactly did it to make it happen but it DID.

Again my specs are

Intel i7 8700
Prime Z370 A CPU
GTX 980 GPU

I took out the web drive for now as you mentioned it wouldn't work.

At this point I do have a few problems that I need help with.

Problem #1:

I cant seem to get my GPU to show up in the "About This Mac" yet it does show up under "System Information"
How do I know if its being used or not as the system definitely recognizes it.

I have tried everything from updating the config code to downloading and reinstalling web drivers. Please help me with this as I have been going at it for hours now.

Problem #2:

Glitching and Lagging all over the place. Is this linked to the GPU problem? Advice for this online is all over the place and I don't really know what I need to do to fix this.

I have ran Multibeast even though I installed/Booted my software through clover not Unibeast. Yet I don't know what options I need to check that pertain to my CPU. Please this is also something that I really need help with.

Would Multibeast also help in fixing my problem with the lack audio?

Thank you very much for the help
I really appreciate it!

You'll need to install the Nvidia drivers for the GTX 9xx graphics card. See the Download menu at the top of this page.

Run MultiBeast again and just select your two audio configuration choices. (ManMan's Please Note in the MultiBeast announcement about having to run audio setup twice due to an Apple problem.}

What do you mean by my "selected audio configurations choices"

I don't really understand the multibeast box options.

And what about the glitching problems?

I just download the nvidia drivers yet its still the same, it still doesnt show up under the "About this mac" tab

Did you run MultiBeast for Sierra after your installation was completed? If so, list the MultiBeast choices.

I did run MultiBeast right after installation which was about 4 hours ago, and I have run it once or twice since.

I started with quickstart, UEFI Boot mode, under Realtek I have checked ALC898,1150,892, and have also tried Optional 3 Port (5.1) Audio.

Under customization I have check the inject Nvidia box

That is all

Whoa! Why all those audio options? You only need the one audio chipset that your motherboard uses. Is your motherboard made by ASUS?

In your motherboard's User Manual, in the first couple of pages, there is a specification listing of your major motherboard's components/chipsets. You have only one chipset for audio and one for Ethernet (unless you have a motherboard with two Ethernet chipsets, which, in your case, you don't).

I recommend you re-install Sierra as you have messed up the MultiBeast configuration settings. Read the MultiBeast Features document, too.

See MyHero build description (link in my signature block) as an example of how to choose the MultiBeast settings. You audio and Ethernet chipset may be different from MyHero's.

An old coaches saying, "Don't rush to fail!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back