Motherboard
Hp 8300 elite
CPU
i5 3470
Graphics
Gt 710
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all, I am using a HP 8300..and I intend to upgrade eventually to high sierra or mojave...I have updated the bios to version 2.99, is that too advanced for snow leopard?

Hey all, I am using a HP 8300..and I intend to upgrade eventually to high sierra or mojave...I have updated the bios to version 2.99, is that too advanced for snow leopard?
No the BIOS is not a problem. The graphics card is too new for Snow Leopard. Requires a Nvidia 8400GS or a GT210 to work with SL. Do you need to install SL first to get MAS access ?

yes that is the plan!
I tried with a different hp a few weeks ago, but the board was fried..got a "new" one and I am using the onboard graphics card with a display port to hdmi adapter

yes that is the plan!
I tried with a different hp a few weeks ago, but the board was fried..got a "new" one and I am using the onboard graphics card with a display port to hdmi adapter
How did you get SL to install to your HP ?

I am using the installer CD from MAS
I got it to install on my last unit..the one that fried, with hardly any problems..just had to multibeast the ethernet to get it to work...the board went TU when i tried installing el capitan

I am just about to attempt the install of SL on my "new" hp now...will report what happens when it happens..I can almost guarantee I will ask for help later!

I am using the installer CD from MAS
I got it to install on my last unit..the one that fried, with hardly any problems..just had to multibeast the ethernet to get it to work...the board went TU when i tried installing el capitan

I am just about to attempt the install of SL on my "new" hp now...will report what happens when it happens..I can almost guarantee I will ask for help later!
HD2500 can work for the install but usually won't once you go from 10.6.3 to 10.6.8. That's when you'll need an older Nvidia card for it to work.

wow, rgr that...i wonder if thats why it wouldnt work last time...ok, good stuff thank you!

I'm not seeing any mention of iBoot here, is it being taken as read or has it been overlooked ?

im using Iboot ivy to install SL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back