Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I pulled up the specs from CPU-Z and here is the following.

Intel Core i3 350M 2.27GHz
Motherboard Intel Havendale/Clarksdale Host Bridge Model 140A
8gb DDR3 PC3-8500
120GB Corsair Force GT SSD
Intel Graphic Media Accelerator HD

I have been trying to install Mavericks through the USB stick using Unibeast. I've tried every verbose line from the how to and it never comes up to the install screen, just a bunch of code that stops after a certain point. I'm just curious if I can make a second Mac for myself to use and I was pretty sure mine was compatible since I found a similar DV4 with a C2D who was able to install on theirs. Any advice or tips that I may have done wrong in my installation process please feel free to share.

I pulled up the specs from CPU-Z and here is the following.

Intel Core i3 350M 2.27GHz
Motherboard Intel Havendale/Clarksdale Host Bridge Model 140A
8gb DDR3 PC3-8500
120GB Corsair Force GT SSD
Intel Graphic Media Accelerator HD

I have been trying to install Mavericks through the USB stick using Unibeast. I've tried every verbose line from the how to and it never comes up to the install screen, just a bunch of code that stops after a certain point. I'm just curious if I can make a second Mac for myself to use and I was pretty sure mine was compatible since I found a similar DV4 with a C2D who was able to install on theirs. Any advice or tips that I may have done wrong in my installation process please feel free to share.

First gen Intel HD graphics are not really supported. But some people report getting it to work... see here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics-qeci/

I can confirm it is possible despite I am not aware about the 100% compatibilities as so far I did not find anybody who can help compiling a dsdt for the particular model. My notebook is close to yours (HP DV4-2154ca) where there might be some diffs in the audio firmware and/or wireless adapter but I can confirm that using vanilla mavericks 10.9.2 app installer + UniBeast + MultiBeast + removing the AppleIntelHD* kexts from /S/L/E and booting the first time with flags: -v -x would lead you to a fired up Mavericks after what you can find the post with the Intel HD First gen kexts, install them with any kext tool, fix permissions and continue from there. Your camera should fire up out of the box, and if the wireless is AR9285 chipset, there is 802 kext to make it work in 10 seconds.

I have a thread for my notebook so google it and you would find some info but bear in mind that it is not 100% yet fully working ( I have the battery indicator to fix as well as a few small other things that does not interfere with my daily mac os x tasks ;) )

Good luck and if anything, comment in my thread and will try to help eachother ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back