Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
no
CPU
no
Graphics
no
Is it worth it to build a Hackintosh as a beginner? So I am quite a beginner what that concerns. Although I know how to screw a computer together and have done so many times, but in the Hackintosh scene I'm a novice. I am currently considering buying an iMac Pro or just a Hackintosh. Will I have problems with the Hackintosh? Will things like iCloud, Appstore, iMessage and especially updates cause problems? (Provided I buy the recommended Tonymac hardware one to one.) Of course, with the Hackintosh I could save a bit of money and have a much more powerful system, but I'm worried that I could quickly regret it because, unlike a purchased "real" iMac, half of it does not work afterwards. So I'm looking for your critical opinion. What would you advise?

Is it worth it to build a Hackintosh as a beginner? So I am quite a beginner what that concerns. Although I know how to screw a computer together and have done so many times, but in the Hackintosh scene I'm a novice. I am currently considering buying an iMac Pro or just a Hackintosh. Will I have problems with the Hackintosh? Will things like iCloud, Appstore, iMessage and especially updates cause problems? (Provided I buy the recommended Tonymac hardware one to one.) Of course, with the Hackintosh I could save a bit of money and have a much more powerful system, but I'm worried that I could quickly regret it because, unlike a purchased "real" iMac, half of it does not work afterwards. So I'm looking for your critical opinion. What would you advise?
If I was recommending to a friend who wanted to get his feet with a hackintosh I would recommend this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...orking-and-easily-affordable-customac.224812/ I have one of these as well and it really couldn't be any easier and at a really affordable price, everything is working:icloud ,imessage app store etc....

but I'm worried that I could quickly regret it because, unlike a purchased "real" iMac, half of it does not work afterwards.

Take a look around this site. Would there be as much traffic here and as many registered users / community members if a Hackintosh would only half work ? It takes much more work on your part to set up a hackintosh than to just plug in an iMac and start using it. If you are willing to learn new things and put the time in, you can get everything working.

I am going to jump in here and ask the same question. I have a Mac Mini from 2012, and am tired of waiting for a new Mac Mini to come out. I am also somewhat technically proficient, but not super up on things. I think I will have no problem sourcing the correct components and putting them together. It is the loading of the OS and getting everything to work that seems a little intimidating. I find the threads on this forum friendly, and everybody seems to be willing to help, and not deride stupid questions. I don't need anything superpowerful, but do want the latest chip set, maybe just with integrated graphics. Should I take the plunge, and do you think I have a reasonable chance of success? I suppose the worst thing that could happen is I would wind up with a PC?

I am going to jump in here and ask the same question. I have a Mac Mini from 2012, and am tired of waiting for a new Mac Mini to come out. I am also somewhat technically proficient, but not super up on things. I think I will have no problem sourcing the correct components and putting them together. It is the loading of the OS and getting everything to work that seems a little intimidating. I find the threads on this forum friendly, and everybody seems to be willing to help, and not deride stupid questions. I don't need anything superpowerful, but do want the latest chip set, maybe just with integrated graphics. Should I take the plunge, and do you think I have a reasonable chance of success? I suppose the worst thing that could happen is I would wind up with a PC?
If you can follow a guide/User Build for the hardware you select you won't have any major problems that you can't resolve. It's just a matter of taking time to learn some new things. All the resources you need are right here. Start out by looking at the CustoMac Glossary of terms.

Thanks for the encouragement. I just want to build a simple Mac Mini with a mid-level coffee lake processor, 8 or 16 gigs of ram, and likely integrated graphics. I will take it one step at a time and read through all the forums and buying guides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back