Contribute
Register

Is it really necessary to deactivate the CFG-Lock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Krait Gaming Z270
CPU
Intel Core i5-7500T
Graphics
Intel Graphics HD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I already installed MacOS Sierra once with this feature disabled, but I had a lot of problems with turning on my PC, it literally did not turn on when I pressed the power button or it restarted until I activated the function again. The PC took about 2 to 5 minutes to respond to a power-on attempt. I'm still not clear if this really happened because of that. Does anyone have any idea what happened?

My specifications are:
MSI Krait Gaming Z270
Intel i5 7500T
16GB DDR4 Corsair Ballistix Sport
1TB Toshiba HDD

I think this happened thanks to the CFG-Lock because the other recommendations my motherboard fulfilled by default besides that it is the only one that requires the use of the bios by the system precisely to manage the energy.

I'm very new to this hackintosh and there are things that I still do not understand. Sorry if my question is very ignorant.

Last edited:
There is a patch for the CFG problem in Clover config.plist you can activate to bypass the system attempting to write to the BIOS/UEFI to prevent the KP when the CFG is enabled.

There is a patch for the CFG problem in Clover config.plist you can activate to bypass the system attempting to write to the BIOS/UEFI to prevent the KP when the CFG is enabled.
Thank you very much. Can you explain how to do it? Excuse me, but I'm very new and I do not have much knowledge, hehe. Or pass me a link of some thread that explains it please

Thank you very much. Can you explain how to do it? Excuse me, but I'm very new and I do not have much knowledge, hehe. Or pass me a link of some thread that explains it please

For the hardware in your profile:
config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KernelPm=true

Note that KernelPm=true, if not specified as false, is automatically applied by Clover when MSR 0xE2 is detected as locked.

If you're using an HWP enabled SMBIOS, you will also need the _xcpm_idle patch in config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KernelToPatch. You can refer to my plists linked by my laptop guide for that patch... (or use google).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back