1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Greetings.

Will my PC be able to run OSX ?

I have the installer from my late 2012 mac-mini 10.8.4 i put it on usb use unibeast and on installation i get 2 window's icons 1 says NEW the 2nd says NTFS

When i select either i get bootmgr missing press CTRL-ALT-DEL to restart

maybe i not changing my BIOS correct ?

Greetings.

Will my PC be able to run OSX

I have the installer from my late 2012 mac-mini 10.8.4 i put it on usb use unibeast and on installation i get 2 window's icons 1 says NEW the 2nd says NTFS

You need to make a unibeast usb install drive with a copy of OS X 10.8.5 purchased from the
APP store. See the 10.8 install instr. under the Guides tab above. The installer from a Mac Mini
will only work on that Mac Mini.

Ok Friend.

Thankyou very much. :) I thought it might have been problem with using mac-mini installer, i found different articles last night about mac-mini being different. :problem:

Ok Friend.

Thankyou very much. :) I thought it might have been problem with using mac-mini installer, i found different articles last night about mac-mini being different. :problem:

When you install OS X have the Windows HDD disconnected and install ML on a clean
ssd or HDD for the best dual booting experience. See the Buyer's guide for which HDDs
are the best for a boot drive. SSDs are much faster though they are more expensive.

Your Mobo and CPU should work very well with OSX BTW. Why the SCSI drives ?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

When you install OS X have the Windows HDD disconnected and install ML on a clean
ssd or HDD for the best dual booting experience. See the Buyer's guide for which HDDs
are the best for a boot drive. SSDs are much faster though they are more expensive.

Your Mobo and CPU should work very well with OSX BTW. Why the SCSI drives ?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

I plan on ditching the windows 7 install on the SSD & only having OSX Hackintosh & keep the 1tb HDD for storage of misc files.

Are SCSI drives not usuable / good for Hackintosh ?

I plan on ditching the windows 7 install on the SSD & only having OSX Hackintosh & keep the 1tb HDD for storage of misc files.

Are SCSI drives not usuable / good for Hackintosh ?

Not sure, I've never seen anyone using one in a CustoMac before.

Give it a try and report back how it goes.

Not sure, I've never seen anyone using one in a CustoMac before.

Give it a try and report back how it goes.

Success !!! :thumbup:

I had to use Mutlibeast to get ethernet working, currently working on sound. Other then that installed without issue and everything is running perfectly sweet!!

Runs really fast on the SSD everything is lightning quick. :headbang:

might look into the font rendering as it feels/looks weird to me :problem:

Hi m0t1veOT,

It’s so great to hear your successful build. Would you please share the process to get your installation done? By the way, what’s the version of your bios? I have the same motherboard and would like to get my gear work.

Thanks in advance!

Hi m0t1veOT,

It’s so great to hear your successful build. Would you please share the process to get your installation done? By the way, what’s the version of your bios? I have the same motherboard and would like to get my gear work.

Thanks in advance!

I followed this guide to get a working usb :>

my BIOS details

Model Name : H87M-D3H
BIOS VERSION : F4
BIOS DATE : 05/09/2013
BIOS ID : 8A02AG0Z

The Settings i made in BIOS

Internal Graphics Off

XHCI : Auto
EHCI : Enabled
XHCI : Enabled
Network Stack : Disabled

Once installed i used multibeast to install the Realtek ethernet drivers

I then used KextBeast to install the Audio Drivers
https://db.tt/DGOjxsOE

I used Chimera 2.2.0 to Install the bootloader

Then i grabbed the Nvidia drivers from :>
tonymacx86.com/graphics/109229-nvidia-web-driver-10-8-5-available.html

Because i didn't like the way fonts were rendering etc i used this Guide to adjust :

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com.au/2011/03/improve-font-smoothing-in-mac-os-x.html

I used defaults -currentHost write -g AppleFontSmoothing -int 4

I then changed the boot settings to be P1 sandisk SSD and

depending on your HDD config it could be P0 or P1 just set that as the default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back