Contribute
Register

Is it possible to use Powercolor Radeon 4650?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try using the fake ID and don't inject ATi, or Inject ATI= false. Did you do a lot of fixes for the HD 530?

Thanks for the thought process - I deleted the extra entries I had to make to fix the HD530 graphic artifacts, but that didn't fix it. I then removed Inject ATI and no luck there either. Thanks for the ideas, though!

FakeID seems to be functional, but the driver somehow didn't load. Please try two things:
  1. Post output of sudo kextstat | grep AMD
  2. Try using FakeID=0x94881002
1. Uploaded file.
2. Tried new ID - Changed ID is profile to 9488, but graphics at 5MB

ETA: Under graphics tab, ig-platform-id is 0x19120000 - should I delete this?

Attachments

• sudo kextstat.txt
    14.8 KB · Views: 310
Took out the iGPU config and no progress... glad to hear it's not an iD10T error. Perhaps I should water my computer...

ETA: So I saw in another thread that enabling Vbios worked for some... but not for me. In fact, with Inject ATI enabled, as well, the typical apple logo at boot up went away and it hung the system. But when I unenabled inject ATI, it booted, but still not with acceleration.

Last edited:
So somewhere in the process I blew up my audio lol. So I rebuilt things. This is a lot of effort for a low quality (at best) card. Thanks for the input guys, and I've learned ALOT from this, even if we didn't get it working. Hopefully the work will be fruitful when I get a card worth fighting for!

Hi All,

I've got an old graphics card just using space in my parts bin and wondered if it would be an improvement to my HD530 iGPU and if it's capable of using in a hackintosh.

Powercolor radeon 4650 512MD2-H

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

ETA: so I bit the bullet and installed the card. It works-ish but is clearly missing acceleration and shows as Display 5 MB.

How do I fix this?

Hi man after months os search on internet and tests I finally install the corrects graphics kexts for ATI RADEON HD 4650 on SIERRA 10.12.1. And I made a video explaining how to install just see the video in this link and any questions just you reply this post. I have the same problem before this tutorial appears Hd 4710 with 3Mb

PS: Don't need to inject ATI in Clover configurator

Best Luck

4650.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back