Contribute
Register

Is it possible to make a bootable High Sierra USB installer on Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hewlett-Packard 1976-Clover
CPU
i7-4702MQ/HM86
Graphics
HD 4600 + HD 8670M, 1366x768
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I downloaded High Sierra yesterday, it was about 5.2GB, however I failed creating USB bootable drive.. I tried various softwares they were failed around ~600MB, and terminal methods failed with

"Erasing Disk: 0%... 10%... 20%... 30%...100%...

Copying installer files to disk...

The copy of the installer app failed."

also couldn't copy it to another location as well (failed around 1.45GB saying couldn't read/write)as I tried to plug my HDD on an Apple's MacBook Pro with USB, outcome was the same..

I have a limited internet connection, so don't want to re-download it again if it's not possible, anyway just say yes or no, that answer would be sufficient and I would assume my download was corrupted or something :/ Thanks :)

I downloaded High Sierra yesterday, it was about 5.2GB, however I failed creating USB bootable drive.. I tried various softwares they were failed around ~600MB, and terminal methods failed with

"Erasing Disk: 0%... 10%... 20%... 30%...100%...

Copying installer files to disk...

The copy of the installer app failed."

also couldn't copy it to another location as well (failed around 1.45GB saying couldn't read/write)as I tried to plug my HDD on an Apple's MacBook Pro with USB, outcome was the same..

I have a limited internet connection, so don't want to re-download it again if it's not possible, anyway just say yes or no, that answer would be sufficient and I would assume my download was corrupted or something :/ Thanks :)

Guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

It was the guide I was following since I installed Sierra on this that way :(

The guide was perfect as always, it was my downloaded High Sierra, seemed a file or must have corrupted, I downloaded again using High Sierra Download tool or something, then updated into High Sierra.. Everything is fine, but I can't boot the EFI with clover boot loader.. It says mount point is not available.. Is this because I didn't fresh install? I installed Clover again and again, which didn't fix the issue.. RehabMan has commented a cmd somewhere, which was the only way I could mount it.. "mkdir /Volumes/EFI" then there was another code I don't remember.. Is this normal? (Do I need to make a new post)?

P.S. No worries, I can mount with diskutil cmd + "sudo" :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back