Contribute
Register

Is it possible to enable mx150 GPU on laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you want to enable your nvidia GTX1070 graphics? there are no web drivers for Mojave, also optimus is not supported either (intel and nvidia graphics switchable graphics)

unless you can disable your intel graphics in your bios and only use your nvidia then you can delete SSDT-Disable-DGPU.aml in patched folder
Thank you for your reply, my gpu isn’t 1070.my dgpu is GeForce mx150 , cause I want to use my hdmi port to output on another monitor.
Is that a way can slove my problem?
Many Thanks.

A
you want to enable your nvidia GTX1070 graphics? there are no web drivers for Mojave, also optimus is not supported either (intel and nvidia graphics switchable graphics)

unless you can disable your intel graphics in your bios and only use your nvidia then you can delete SSDT-Disable-DGPU.aml in patched folder
Also I need to say sorry about my account info that makes you confused.(Those specifications are about my desktop.)

I’m using a Hackintosh Laptop which is Dell Inspiron 15 7580, and this thing contain a dgpu GeForce mx150 as well.
Please forgive my English are poor, and I need to say thank you again that you reply my question.

Last edited:
A

Also I need to say sorry about my account info that make you confused.
I’m using a Hackintosh Laptop which is dell Inspiron 15 7580, and this thing contain a dgpu GeForce mx150 as well.
Please forgive my English are poor, and I need to say thank you again that you reply my question.

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

So sorry about I don't gen and upload the "Problem Reporting"file here.
Please forgive me.
And here is my Problem Reporting, please take a look when you have time.
Thank you so much.
According from ur information:
  1. Seems like you didn't install all kexts you need to /L/E. Kextcache_log shows Lilu and Whatevergreen didn't loaded.
    Please install first or the configurations about IGPU is not going to work.
    And remember, all kexts you need must install into /L/E at post install stage.
  2. You have many unnecessary kexts inside the CLOVER. Delete them first.
Doing these first, then upload your PR file again.

According from ur information:
  1. Seems like you didn't install all kexts you need to /L/E. Kextcache_log shows Lilu and Whatevergreen didn't loaded.
    Please install first or the configurations about IGPU is not going to work.
    And remember, all kexts you need must install into /L/E at post install stage.
  2. You have many unnecessary kexts inside the CLOVER. Delete them first.
Doing these first, then upload your PR file again.
Sorry man, May I ask you a very very stupid question?
Isn't put those kext into the kext/Other and it will install correctly? If not how do I install my kext? is it put all my kext into L/E or S/L/E manually?
And there are some unnecessary kext is in kext/Other/backup, should I remove them?

Thank you for your replay and helping me to solve the problem.

Sorry man, May I ask you a very very stupid question?
Isn't put those kext into the kext/Other and it will install correctly?
No.
Putting into kext/Other just means it will load during installation. In main system it will load, too. But not all kexts can be run without installation in main system.
If not how do I install my kext? is it put all my kext into L/E or S/L/E manually?
Read "How to install kexts?" part in FAQ post.
And there are some unnecessary kext is in kext/Other/backup, should I remove them?

Thank you for your replay and helping me to solve the problem.
Below kexts is what you may need.
Use them and delete other kexts to try.
Code:
ACPIBatteryManager
AppleALC
AirportBrcmFixup
BrcmFirmwareRepo
BrcmPatchRAM2
FakeSMC (Both /L/E and kext/Others)
Lilu (Both /L/E and kext/Others)
RealtekRTL8111 (Both /L/E and kext/Others)
SATA-unsupported (Both /L/E and kext/Others)
USBInjectAll (Both /L/E and kext/Others)
VoodooPS2Controller (Both /L/E and kext/Others)
Whatevergreen (Both /L/E and kext/Others)

Attachments

• SATA-unsupported.kext.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
No.
Putting into kext/Other just means it will load during installation. In main system it will load, too. But not all kexts can be run without installation in main system.

Read "How to install kexts?" part in FAQ post.

Below kexts is what you may need.
Use them and delete other kexts to try.
Code:
ACPIBatteryManager
AppleALC
AirportBrcmFixup
BrcmFirmwareRepo
BrcmPatchRAM2
FakeSMC (Both /L/E and kext/Others)
Lilu (Both /L/E and kext/Others)
RealtekRTL8111 (Both /L/E and kext/Others)
SATA-unsupported (Both /L/E and kext/Others)
USBInjectAll (Both /L/E and kext/Others)
VoodooPS2Controller (Both /L/E and kext/Others)
Whatevergreen (Both /L/E and kext/Others)

Thank you very very much for that you're trying to help me solve the problem.

This time I think there should be ok about the kext installed.

here is my Problem Reporting which just gen.

Please take a look when you have time.

Thank you very much.

Attachments

• debug_26972.zip
    7.5 MB · Views: 49
Thank you very very much for that you're trying to help me solve the problem.

This time I think there should be ok about the kext installed.

here is my Problem Reporting which just gen.

Please take a look when you have time.

Thank you very much.
OK. Seems like kext is OK right now.
Now we need to find out which port is for HDMI and which port is for LVDS (laptop display).
I'm not sure UHD620 can use UHD630's ig-platform-id but just give it a try.

Do below things and generate PR file again (with HDMI connected).
  1. Mark out or delete config.plist/Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)/framebuffer-portcount
  2. Add below settings:
    config.plist/Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)/framebuffer-con1-enable=01000000 (data)
    config.plist/Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)/framebuffer-con1-type=00080000 (data)

Last edited:
OK. Seems like kext is OK right now.
Now we need to find out which port is for HDMI and which port is for LVDS (laptop display).

Do below things and generate PR file again (with HDMI connected).
  1. Mark out or delete config.plist/Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)/framebuffer-portcount
  2. Add below settings:
    config.plist/Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)/framebuffer-con1-enable=01000000 (data)
    config.plist/Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)/framebuffer-con1-type=00080000 (data)
I have tried my laptop once to connect to HDMI with the monitor, it will freeze and I can't do anything, the way out is need to restart my laptop. So it seems like I can't generate PR file with HDMI connected.
Is there are another way to test it?

Thank you missile.

I have tried my laptop once to connect to HDMI with the monitor, it will freeze and I can't do anything, the way out is need to restart my laptop. So it seems like I can't generate PR file with HDMI connected.
Is there are another way to test it?

Thank you missile.
That's a good sign because it means the HDMI output is controlled by IGPU, not MX150.
But need to find correct pipe id to let to work directly.

Let's try this first.
Change AAPL,ig-platform-id to 00001659.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back