Contribute
Register

Is it Possible to enable HDMI audio of a GF210 on an ASUS P5E-VM HDMI???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z390
CPU
I5
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Portable
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am using a ASUS P5E-VM motherboard with a GeForce 210 whit HDMI port. It is a secondary PC that I use for HTPC, and I plug my 47 LG TV on it and it is working fine...
The Motherboard has a ALC883 that is working with a DSDT Patch and a Patched AppleHDA.kext (version 2.3.0).

I was wondering if it is possible to use the HDMI Audio of the nvidia card... I already try with the Toleda tutorial but I am not sure that it apply to my Motherboard and card... (Also the ALC883 is not mention in the tutorial as it look like an "older" codec....)

Tell me first if it is a lost cause... and if it possible can someone put me in the right direction....
Thanks

I am using a ASUS P5E-VM motherboard with a GeForce 210 whit HDMI port. It is a secondary PC that I use for HTPC, and I plug my 47 LG TV on it and it is working fine...
The Motherboard has a ALC883 that is working with a DSDT Patch and a Patched AppleHDA.kext (version 2.3.0).
Reply with dsdt and a copy of IOReg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg.

Attachments

• HTMAC’s Mac Pro.zip
    358 KB · Views: 141
  • DSDT.aml.zip
    14.9 KB · Views: 124
  • ML ALC883.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 132
See Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - AMI DSDT
Use 5-Series_AMI_BIOS_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit

Edits to
hdmi_audio_ami_5_series_amd-nvidia_discrete_graphics.txt
P0P1 > P0P2
layout-id: 01 > 0c
Do you mean that:

I need to apply the "hdmi_audio_ami_5_series_amd-nvidia_discrete_graphics.txt" patch to my DSDT and

Edit my DSDT to replace:

P0P1 WITH P0P2

AND

layout-id: 01 WITH layout-id: 0c

Is this right? (Sorry I am a little confuse :) )

Do you mean that:

I need to apply the "hdmi_audio_ami_5_series_amd-nvidia_discrete_graphics.txt" patch to my DSDT and

Edit my DSDT to replace:

P0P1 WITH P0P2

AND

layout-id: 01 WITH layout-id: 0c
No.
TextEdit/Edit hdmi_audio_ami_5_series_amd-nvidia_discrete_graphics.txt
Find P0P1
Replace: P0P2

Find: 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
Replace: 0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

Save

DSDT Editor/Open dsdt.aml
Patch/Open/hdmi_audio_ami_5_series_amd-nvidia_discrete_graphics.txt
Apply
Compile
Save
Install

No.
TextEdit/Edit hdmi_audio_ami_5_series_amd-nvidia_discrete_graphics.txt
Find P0P1
Replace: P0P2

Find: 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
Replace: 0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

Save

DSDT Editor/Open dsdt.aml
Patch/Open/hdmi_audio_ami_5_series_amd-nvidia_discrete_graphics.txt
Apply
Compile
Save
Install

Sorry, for the late answer... But I decided to do all the patches again from a fresh DSDT and I get a KP on reboot, I have try to make my Hackintosh up and running and today I succeeded. I will try to run the HDMI patch again tonight... keep you inform...
PS: It seem that you CANNOT apply 3 patches together and after compile! Am I right? I need to apply the patches one by one and save my DSDT.aml each time...

But I decided to do all the patches again from a fresh DSDT and I get a KP on reboot
PS: It seem that you CANNOT apply 3 patches together and after compile! Am I right? I need to apply the patches one by one and save my DSDT.aml each time...
Apply patch, compile, apply patch, compile,.... Verify Extra/dsdt.aml before restarting.

Apply patch, compile, apply patch, compile,.... Verify Extra/dsdt.aml before restarting.
HDMI appearing in System Profiler but NOT in Sound Preferences... And my system is slow to boot and after boot it takes 3 minutes before I can have my mouse back...

Is this a AppleHDA.kext problem or DSDT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back