Contribute
Register

Is it possible to enable dual gpu on mac os big sur?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Envy 15t-j100 (Clover)
CPU
i7 4700MQ
Graphics
HD 4600, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone!
I have HP Envy 15t-j100, Intel 4600 and with a dedicated NVIDA GEFORE 2GB, so my question is that can we enable both GPU for a better graphical performance like we use it on windows?

Hi everyone!
I have HP Envy 15t-j100, Intel 4600 and with a dedicated NVIDA GEFORE 2GB, so my question is that can we enable both GPU for a better graphical performance like we use it on windows?
nope

okay thanks for reply, so it means we can only enable one of them at a time either the dgpu or igpu. So which one is better to enable for a better performance?

You must have watched this...

1669477139167.png

so it means we can only enable one of them at a time either the dgpu or igpu. So which one is better to enable for a better performance?
The iGPU is the better choice. Nvidia is likely not supported or if it is, only with High Sierra and the web drivers installed. Most every laptop hack I've seen uses Intel iGPU. Remember that HD4600 is not supported by Ventura. Anything older back to Mavericks is supported.

okay thanks for reply, so it means we can only enable one of them at a time either the dgpu or igpu. So which one is better to enable for a better performance?
intel graphics is the only choice to get working, switchable graphics is not an option

intel graphics is the only choice to get working, switchable graphics is not an option
This makes me wonder, my macbook pro official has an nvidia geforce gt 750m. it has intel as well but it shows up first as the gt. I only see the intel in system profiler. I realize this is a real mac not a hack but can you explain to me why you can't use bot on the hack?

This makes me wonder, my macbook pro official has an nvidia geforce gt 750m. it has intel as well but it shows up first as the gt. I only see the intel in system profiler. I realize this is a real mac not a hack but can you explain to me why you can't use bot on the hack?
only mac laptops work that way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back