Contribute
Register

is GA-G41MT-S2P will be compitable with LION :) ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mac Lion 10.7.4
CPU
Intel core i3-2100
Graphics
AMD 5450 HD 512 MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
i will buy anew pc but i dont want to pay alot so i choose :

Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2P
>(specs)> http://www.gigabyte.com/products/produc ... id=3743#sp
specially >> Audio VIA VT2021 codec
>> Lan Atheros AR8151 chip
2*2GB Kingstone (1333)
intel dual core E5700 3GHz/2mb cashe
ATi Sapphire 5670 1GB
is it compatible with LION ?
(if no) any recommendations to make it compatible with LION with reasonable price ?
(if yes) is that will give me the performance i need while using LION ?

:crazy:

Re: Is GA-G41MT-S2P compatible with LION :) ?!

budiosx said:
i will buy anew pc but i dont want to pay alot so i choose :

Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2P
>(specs)> http://www.gigabyte.com/products/produc ... id=3743#sp
specially >> Audio VIA VT2021 codec
>> Lan Atheros AR8151 chip
2*2GB Kingstone (1333)
intel dual core E5700 3GHz/2mb cashe
ATi Sapphire 5670 1GB
is it compatible with LION ?
(if no) any recommendations to make it compatible with LION with reasonable price ?
(if yes) is that will give me the performance i need while using LION ?

:crazy:

I believe the motherboard should work (not absolutely sure as I have not used G41 motherboards myself but there are apparently some people here who used them). However, I would suggest replacing the CPU with a Core 2 Duo E7500, if you can find it and afford it. Older Intel Macs all use Core 2 Duos, and Lion requires a minimum of a Core 2 Duo CPU.

Actually, what kind of performance do you want? What softwares are you planning to use? I believe you are aware that this build will not perform as well as a Sandy Bridge system?

ok ,thanks for replying me .

the problem in this board doesnt come from chipset (G41) but from audio and lan drivers is there any working drivers for it?

(if not) i will search for any gigabyte motherboard with p45 chipset .

actually E5700 dual core (and all E5xxx series consider as low end core2due processor ) have the same architecture as core2due, but the difference between them is in larger bus speed and cache memory in core2duo and my use will not depend on using alot of cache .

:beachball:

budiosx said:
ok ,thanks for replying me .

the problem in this board doesnt come from chipset (G41) but from audio and lan drivers is there any working drivers for it?

(if not) i will search for any gigabyte motherboard with p45 chipset .

actually E5700 dual core (and all E5xxx series consider as low end core2due processor ) have the same architecture as core2due, but the difference between them is in larger bus speed and cache memory in core2duo and my use will not depend on using alot of cache .

Well actually, the Core 2 Duo E7500 supports some CPU instructions (SSE4 I believe) that the Pentium E5700 does not. Which is why I am not too sure if Mac OSX will run flawlessly with Pentium/Celeron CPUs.

:thumbup:
you are right , so c2d is the best solution for me ,mmmmm
:confused:
but there isn't any difference in price between c2d and core i3 ,mmmm
:?:
ok ,can you advice me about working(and tested on lion) sandy bridge system but in reasonable price (processor,mobo) ?

budiosx said:
:thumbup:
you are right , so c2d is the best solution for me ,mmmmm
:confused:
but there isn't any difference in price between c2d and core i3 ,mmmm
ok ,can you advice me about working(and tested on lion) sandy bridge system but in reasonable price (processor,mobo) ?

There may not be a significant price difference between a Core 2 Duo and a Core i3, but there may be a significant price difference between the motherboards required to support these CPUs, depending on your choice.

I have not used Lion myself (still running Snow Leopard on my Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 PC Mac) so I can't be sure about motherboards working in Lion. I would suggest using a Gigabyte H61 motherboard if you wish to use a Sandy Bridge Core i3.

have bilt two hack rigs with the e5700 works fine using the g41m-es2l had lots of ddr2 ram laying around sound is alc 888b works

thanks for your help but i will choose sandy bridge because its faster and snapier with mac
tell me your opinion about this :
Core i3-2100
Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2V-B3
2*2GB DDR3 1333MHz Kingstone
500GB WD Blue
i will not buy new graphics card because core i3 2100 have already Intel 2000HD ,so is it working with lion (QE/CI) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back