Contribute
Register

Is EFi-X (AESM) out of business?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE = "Jar-Jar, pós: 1703490, membro: 185900"]
Abra o lixo e colocá-lo dentro do lixo. Você não pode instalar 10,9 e com efi-x.
[/ CITAÇÕES]

I have an EFIX V.1 thrown in the drawer since 2010, instead of throwing EFIX in the trash, is there any alternative to accessing the dongle internally to format and install clover bootloader 2019?

I have an EFIX V.1 thrown in the drawer since 2010, instead of throwing EFIX in the trash, is there any alternative to accessing the dongle internally to format and install clover bootloader 2019?
There is no need to use EFI X at all. Use Clover installed to the EFI partition of your system drive and it works just fine.

I tried gparted linux to format EFIX dongle unsuccessfully, maybe because firmware is more complicated to access, any tips?

Open the trash and put it inside the trash. You can't install 10.9 and up with efi-x.

Jar Jar in a previous post.

There is no need to use EFI X at all. Use Clover installed to the EFI partition of your system drive and it works just fine.

yes I use clover bootloader running mojave, but I would like to use efix still in 2019, a way to unlock access to the dongle and use it freely ...

yes I use clover bootloader running mojave, but I would like to use efix still in 2019, a way to unlock access to the dongle and use it freely ...
Why ?

just to not throw it in the trash, transforme in flah drive is possible?
wipe drive clean, install Clover to drive instead of to operating system SSD or HDD - makes it independent of the system drives. A lot of people do this.

wipe drive clean, install Clover to drive instead of to operating system SSD or HDD - makes it independent of the system drives. A lot of people do this.

ok, but EFIX is a hidden file, probably because it is a dongle that uses locked firmware, I don't know what is the correct tool for this ..

You cannot write to the Efix bootloader portion of the drive. Their firmware writer was the only way to access it. There is a portion of the drive that is write-protected and cannot be erased by normal methods. They went out of business years ago. Clover is the best way to bootload properly. Sometimes people make mistakes, you now have a collector's item. Further, this boot used a highly modified variant of the Chimera boot loader, when the dongle was stripped open and exposed the well-known Coder was sued by the developer. The dongle is slow in speed compared to the fastest flash drives available now, so it is pointless to convert it to just a flash drive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back