Contribute
Register

Is Dell Latitude E6400 compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Latitude E6400. Chipset- Intel GM45/GM47. Southbridge- Intel 82801IM (ICH9-M)
CPU
Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P8700
Graphics
Mobile Intel 45 Express Chipset Family
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Starting with iBoot Haswell and Snow Leopard I have made a bootable usb with unibeast and Yosemite from the app store but install keeps freezing on apple screen. In verbose mode it hangs at :-
Failed to load kext com.apple.driver. AppleACPIEC Couldn't alloc class "AppleACPIEC".

I,ve tried -x -v -f acpi=off PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=no but I still get the same problem. I've seen others with yosemite on a Dell Latitude. What am I doing wrong?

Starting with iBoot Haswell and Snow Leopard I have made a bootable usb with unibeast and Yosemite from the app store but install keeps freezing on apple screen. In verbose mode it hangs at :-
Failed to load kext com.apple.driver. AppleACPIEC Couldn't alloc class "AppleACPIEC".

I,ve tried -x -v -f acpi=off PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=no but I still get the same problem. I've seen others with yosemite on a Dell Latitude. What am I doing wrong?

Your laptop likely has GMA 4500MHD graphics. That device is not supported by any version of OS X.

Well that's a bummer.

I dont Know if this is your area of expertise, but is it possible to replace the intel GPU with a compatible one?

I dont Know if this is your area of expertise, but is it possible to replace the intel GPU with a compatible one?

No. GPU is integrated on motherboard.

As a temporary measure, until I get a compatible laptop, could I run OSX in vmware or virtualbox or would I have the same graphics problems?

As a temporary measure, until I get a compatible laptop, could I run OSX in vmware or virtualbox or would I have the same graphics problems?

Running OS X under a VM is not supported here. This site is for running on bare metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back