Contribute
Register

Is "AppleALC" the correct driver for Realtek ALC1220?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370XP SLI
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Is "AppleALC" the right audio driver for Realtek ALC1220?
Should I also enable "300 Series Support (HDAS -> HDEF)"?

Thank you

Yes to AppleALC, but you also need to inject the correct audio device ID in config.plist, which for me has been 11.

I think Lilu+WhateverGreen will take care of the HDAS->HDEF for you, but if you don't use those then you should probably enable that.

Thank you for the help. A newbie here, so could you please point me to a resource on how to do injection?

Thank you for the help. A newbie here, so could you please point me to a resource on how to do injection?

@techana,

See this guide for correct installation and configuration of Lilu + AppleALC :-

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/

The Section on AppleALC is about two-thirds of the way down in the guide but be sure to read the introduction if your new to Lilu, be sure to follow the guide carefully, install the kexts in the correct location .. etc

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Yeah, that guide has all the info. You need to install Lilu and AppleALC kexts, and set your audio device ID to (most likely) 11. I used the method of putting it in config.plist (there's are pictures in the guide of setting that in Clover Configurator and what it ends up looking like in the config.plist). The other method of setting the audio device ID described in the guide is more forward-thinking, but more complicated too. :)

Wow! This makes things look much more difficult than the Mojave Installation Guide! I thought MultiBeast is all what I need to install device drivers as mentioned there.

Based on the information provided here, should I ignore Post Installation section in the mojave guide and never enable AppleALC in Multibeast?

Thank you guys for the help.

Yes, that guide would benefit from a tl;dr section. :)

I think MultiBeast can install Lilu and AppleALC, though I'm not sure they're the latest versions and I'm not sure it can write the device ID for you. At a minimum, I think you'll need to be able to use Clover Configurator to put that setting into your config.plist. It wouldn't hurt to manually install the latest Lilu/WhateverGreen/AppleALC, but you can try the MultiBeast versions first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back