Contribute
Register

Is any type of RAM DDR4 compatible with a Hackintosh?

Is Hackintosh compatible with this RAM?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I noticed that the motherboard I am going to buy (GA-Z270-HD3P) is compatible with DDR4 X.M.P. So I was looking for RAM with this feature and I found it is quite similar price. For example this one:

Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3000 MHz CL15 XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop Memory Kit - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0134EW7G8/?tag=tonymacx86-21

As you can see, its frequency is 3000MHz. So two questions,

1. Is a Hackintosh compatible with this RAM?
2. Is a Hackintosh compatible with any type of DRR4 RAM? If not, what do I need to look for?

Thank you for your time :)

Hello everyone,

I noticed that the motherboard I am going to buy (GA-Z270-HD3P) is compatible with DDR4 X.M.P. So I was looking for RAM with this feature and I found it is quite similar price. For example this one:

Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3000 MHz CL15 XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop Memory Kit - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0134EW7G8/?tag=tonymacx86-21

2. Is a Hackintosh compatible with any type of DRR4 RAM? If not, what do I need to look for?

Check the memory support list on the manufacturer's website.

So if it is compatible with the motherboard, it will be compatible with a hackintosh?
Assuming that the motherboard is also, yes.

Hello everyone,

Depends. Not on just RAM but the Motherboard. You can have RAM thats fully supported with the motherboard but OS X/macOS can not see the RAM correct. Always go with RAM thats on the Memory Support List.

Depends. Not on just RAM but the Motherboard. You can have RAM thats fully supported with the motherboard but OS X/macOS can not see the RAM correct. Always go with RAM thats on the Memory Support List.
Thank you, I already ordered a different RAM before I saw your message. Will keep you updated about it :)

When you mean Memory Support List, are you talking about the list in the Buyer's Guide?
Thank you!

When you mean Memory Support List, are you talking about the list in the Buyer's Guide?
Thank you!

No. That is the list as given by the motherboard manufacturers for each motherboard, not the memory list in the Buyer's Guide.

I use Kingston RAM myself which is not in the Buyer's Guide. It works fine on my system.

No. That is the list as given by the motherboard manufacturers for each motherboard, not the memory list in the Buyer's Guide.

I use Kingston RAM myself which is not in the Buyer's Guide. It works fine on my system.
Gotcha, thank you for the quick reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back