Contribute
Register

Is 500W enough for an AMD 6700XT GPU ?

Any TL;DR on the issue here?

500W PSU was swapped for a 600W PSU, which seems to be sufficient for the AMD system to run correctly with some overhead.

I swapped the 500W for a 750W, but I think there's more to it, BIOS just got laggy and losing video signal on boot on both Windows and macOS. Sonoma does boot from OpenCore on a USB stick, but not from the M.2 slot. Motherboard?, I did pick it up from Micro Center it was a return, so I wouldn't be surprised.

I did pick it up from Micro Center it was a return, so I wouldn't be surprised.
Go with a brand new SuperNova which has a 7 year warranty. EVGA has the best warranty service of any PSU manufacturer. 750W 80+ Gold. Quiet too.

Last edited:
Go with a brand new SuperNova which has a 7 year warranty. EVGA has the best warranty service too. 750W 80+ Gold. Quiet too.
I picked up a 750W Seasonic 80+ Gold from Micro Center for $109!. It comes with a 10 year guarantee, fully modular and a button for fan control. It didn’t make a difference to Windows not booting from OpenCore, so I just boot from BIOS, Sonoma boots fine from OpenCore. The M.2 slots on the board seem to be acting up, I suspect something is up with the board.

Back