Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H
CPU
i5-3750
Graphics
HD 4000
I have not been able to wifi sync a new phone with my hack.

My hack is connected via hard ethernet to a router with wifi enabled. The phone will connect to that same wifi router. Should I expect wifi sync to work in this situation or does it require that the computer also have a wifi card?

Thx

It works. That is one way I sync to my iphone5.

If I know there will be lots of sync'ing to do, I plug in the cable, it's way faster.

Let me add that I does work without a WiFi card in the computer, as mine does not have either WiFi or BlueTooth.

For you, all I can say is check your setting on the phone and in itunes. Plug the phone in with the USB cable and then open itunes. Click on your phone name and then look at the "summary" page that shows up. In the "options" section, select the "Sync this iPhone over WiFi" check box.

It should work.

Thanks. I sort of thought it should work, but so far I've only managed to sync with the usb cable connected. I'll try working with the settings some more.

I can confirm that it works.

It took some searching and restarting itunes, but I was finally able to find the "sync via wifi" option under itunes. For some reason it does not show up all the time nor in the place that apple says it should (I have the left hand column enable under itunes -- and that might change it up).

Thanks again.

p.s., is there ever a reason to install a wifi card on a desktop machine with wired ethernet? I'm happy to install a wifi card, I just can't think of a reason that I would need it.

p.s., is there ever a reason to install a wifi card on a desktop machine with wired ethernet? I'm happy to install a wifi card, I just can't think of a reason that I would need it.

The new maps app (and anything else that uses location services) require a wifi signal to determine your position. Its the only reason I'm considering adding a wifi card to my build, to allow the maps intergration with calendar to work properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back