Contribute
Register

iPhone Remote App and Hackintosh/iTunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys,
Bonjour has been reportedly working for many users...

Don't think that's the issue here...

Do you have more than one hackintosh in your network ?

I'm having no luck getting my iPhone remote app to find iTunes

They're definitely on the same network, I've disabled IPv6 and gone through the iTunes settings with a fine tooth comb and I'm convinced everything is correct there.

I'm currently using the latest version of lnx2mac's ethernet driver version 0.0.67 (great job on that btw!) which I know is meant to support Bonjour, but I can't seem to get it working.

Any ideas?

Sorted!

It was the router. I have a Belkin Play Max and despite having a compatible with Mac sticker on the box, it doesn't support Bonjour!

They released an update for it three days ago after a lot of people moaned, and now Bonjour works perfectly. I'm happy :D

Try this:

Go to Library > Preferences > System Configuration and delete NetworkInterfaces.plist.

Reboot.

NOTE: doing this will cause OS X to rebuild your network preferences with whatever is plugged in when you restart.

For example, my Wireless USB stick changed from it's own connection to en0 - ethernet because I have the EthernetBuiltIn flag set to Yes in my com.apple.Boot.plist. So if you have issues with this... don't try it.

But doing so completely fixed those unknown error (-50) in iTunes and with authorizing the computer and with Home Sharing.

I just tried this and it worked a treat. I find when ever i change something os takes AGES to load the os. unfortunately my wireless kb & m dont work (they're microsoft, what more would i expect?).

If i power down and reboot, good as gold.

Anyway, thanks alot, much appreciated.!

cw

I have tried this and it hasnt worked. i am using a usb wifi adapter (rtl81885) anyone know if i can fix this

I was having an issue with the iTunes remote (on my Android) not connecting. My hackintosh was using the AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext (I have a Realtek 8111E built-in). I removed the kext and installed lnx2mac using MultiBeast and it solved my problem! Good luck guys...

mwparrish said:
Go to Library > Preferences > System Configuration and delete NetworkInterfaces.plist.

Reboot.[snip]
I know this is an old topic, but for anyone having issues connecting their DACP client to iTunes and Googling, deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist worked like a charm with TunesRemote+ on Android 2.3.5, so try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back