Contribute
Register

iPhone and iPad not detected by Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
klutzo said:
Using Snow Leopard. I'll have to check the version next time I'm in the Mac instance.

Haven't synced since I'd had the Hackintosh working for almost everything else. A couple other minor quibbles that I need to work out though.
If you're on 10.6.3 or later, then please install the USBFamily Rollback using Multibeast 3.10.1. Perhaps it'll solve your problem.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2012-01-31 um 15.40.03.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2012-01-31 um 15.40.03.png
    55.9 KB · Views: 513
klutzo said:
Wondering if any of you have had any problem with an iPhone/iPad being detected by your hackintosh?

I am having a similar problem on my new Hackintosh.

Mobo: GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 F12

I plug in my iPhone (to a USB 2.0 port) and after a long timeout (30 seconds?) I get the error" iTunes could not connect to this iPhone because an unknown error occurred (0xE8000065).

It does charge the phone, so I know it's connected.

Please help.... thanks! :wave:

dkla said:
I am having a similar problem on my new Hackintosh.

Mobo: GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 F12

I plug in my iPhone (to a USB 2.0 port) and after a long timeout (30 seconds?) I get the error" iTunes could not connect to this iPhone because an unknown error occurred (0xE8000065).

It does charge the phone, so I know it's connected.

Please help.... thanks! :wave:
It's not an Hackintosh specific error -> http://www.google.de/search?q=itunes+er ... =firefox-a

-> http://www.blog4iphone.com/solution-for ... -error/231

FYI -- I (re)installed the IOUSBFamily Rollback as noted above and now everything works fine. I also (re)installed the FakeSMC and plugins as was noted in another thread in these forums.

I just knew something was fishy when I booted in Windows (dual-boot system) and everything worked on that side, so I knew it wasn't a hardware or cable problem... :ugeek: Anyway, thanks again for your help.

dkla said:
FYI -- I (re)installed the IOUSBFamily Rollback as noted above and now everything works fine. I also (re)installed the FakeSMC and plugins as was noted in another thread in these forums.

I just knew something was fishy when I booted in Windows (dual-boot system) and everything worked on that side, so I knew it wasn't a hardware or cable problem... :ugeek: Anyway, thanks again for your help.
Fine it's working now :thumbup:

I did the USB rollback as well as the nec usb3.0. It just detected the iPhone.

Thanks guys!

Wow man USBFamily Rollback cheat works even on Yosemite o_O. I had the same problem on Acer Aspire V3-571G with Yosemite and solved it this way using MultiBeast 3.9.1. I did installed USBFamily Rollback, the installation was unsuccessful, but after restart everything worked like a charm and my iPhone 5s is now recognised by iTunes and xcode :)
Thanks for the help
:clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back