Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
CPU
Intel Core i7-3770K
Graphics
NVidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti (EVGA)
Mac
  1. iMac
Ok, something weird happened. I turned on my computer (everything normal), added a new iPad (plugged in, restored from backup of old iPad, synced), and shut down. When I turned on again, I got the Boot0 error. Fixed that, and then got the Boot1 error.

After quite a bit of troubleshooting, I realized that in my BIOS settings, the very first option had changed to "Mac OS X" (instead of UEFI and the name of the boot drive). I removed this and several other options from my boot sequence, and it started booting again as expected.

My question is, how/why did this happen? Can an iPad change my boot settings? Could a change to my Windows side have changed the BIOS boot settings? (I may have done some minor stuff in Windows, like installing a game.) All of these scenarios seem unlikely, but I'm pretty sure I did nothing other than plug in and sync a new iPad, and tweak some related iCloud settings on my computer.

Anyone had a similar experience? Thoughts? Links? Suggestions on what I might have done to cause this problem?

aTdHvAaNnKcSe

(thanks in advance)

I've never heard of BIOS changes being done from macOS. I know that it's possible in Windows. I've never heard of an iPad causing this kind of trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back