Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H
CPU
i5-4590
Graphics
GTX 970
Hi All

I have been very happy with my recent GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 based build - it is now stable at 4.0 ghz and doing nearly everything I ask of it.

One thing it won't do is charge my iPad over USB while the iPad is awake (I know it is probably charging while it is asleep - see here). I have tried various cables and various ports, and while both iPads and iPhones mount, only the iPhone will charge. It is not an inherent hardware limitation as when I boot into Windows 7, the iPad is clearly charging.

I used Multibeast 3.8 and a pre-edited DSDT correct for my board and bios version from the data base. I have used the settings below. Have I missed anything?

Attachments

• Multibeast Settings.tiff
    181.9 KB · Views: 227
It's a known "issue" with the iPad requiring more power from the USB port.

There are drivers for Windows 7 provided by gigabyte but I haven't yet come across anything for OS X.

The hardware in my sig charges the iPad (1 & 2) just fine with the drivers installed under windows 7 but not with any flavour of OS X (It does charge but REALLY slow).

from what I've read, new mac computers will allow 1100mA for charging, but the old ones only allow 500max. I've been trying to find a list of supported products in order to find out if there's a way to make the profile work. Currently mine is recognized as a Mac Pro 3,1 and only allows 500mA in Lion. in windows, the gigabyte drivers work and it will charge my ipad and iphone 4 quite fast.Im not sure what others have tried, but it seems to me that the key is in the power settings or profile. perhaps a kext is required, but I thin its just a profile issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back