GT 525M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everybody,
I want to share with you my experience about Mac os, first of all I am a student of programming and next year will be
my last year in the license, So we should make a project and everybody hear usually make an android application
so i want to make something different, so I start thinking about make an Ios application and after that make the same application
on android like that I can have an idea about the most popular mobile platform, so I tried to install mac os lion
but unfortunately I couldn't do that on vmware or with windows 7 with dual boot , because I had a core 2 dio without
VT support , so I was obliged to buy a new pc, why i didn't buy a mac if I want to develop with ios , first of all
it's expensive and I am ok with pc , so I bought a Dell i7 2670QM 8GO RAM nVidia gt 525M 1go Iam connected with wireless connection, so then I can install
the mac os on my new Dell which is running on Windows 7 64bits , so I downloaded Mac OS X Mountain Lion FINAL build 12A269 PRE-Installed VMware image for Windows PC created
by mahmood1, everything is fine and now the mac os boot is ok but I have some problems , I can't copy/ past drag/drop files between Windows seven and mac os
I tried to mount the darwin.iso from a downloaded vmware fusion 4.1.3(last version) and tried to install the vmware tools of mac os , but it doesn't
work for me, even i tried other version of darwin.iso but i think it should not work because it's created to make a relation between mac os host and other
mac os guest , correct me if I am wrong , please I need the advise of the people who have an experience in mac os and visualization , because it's very
important for , Image that I choose to make an application for iso and after that I face a problem without solution and I loose the year ! because I will not
sucseed ! so please share with me your experience and advise , I am really new in mac os , so I have a lot of questions and hope that I am in the rigth place
if not please tell me where to post this message to have some help and thank you in advance , so please here is some questions :

* can I develop an IOs application on my dell Dell i7 2670QM 8GO RAM nVidia gt 525M 1go with vmware that can run on Iphone without problem , if yes how?
* can I develop an IOs application on my dell Dell i7 2670QM 8GO RAM nVidia gt 525M 1go with dual boot that can run on Iphone without problem , if I can how ? ad will the usb , sound , wireless , devices ? work ?
* which is the easier ? and the best ?
* which version of Xcode I should install ?
* why there a lot of updates of xcode ?
* why the code change with the new versions of Xcode and then the books and tutos will be out of date quickly ?
* how to share files copy/paste drag/drop between host Windows7 and guest mac os montain lion ?
* can I improve the quality of sound ? it not can that be a problem in Ios development ?
* can I make the updates with mac os on vmware or in dual boot if it will be available ?
* what the problem that i can face in ios development with mac os on vmware or dual boot ?
* why in Safari sometime I can't select the text ? but sometimes i can selected the same text that didn't work before ?

please take your time to help me, and this topic for sure will help a lot of people who want to start develop ios application and who want to
install the mac os , please share your precious experience of years with mac os and pc , thank you in advance I am really lost
and according to your answers i will choose if I will develop an ios in my prject in the university or not , hope that I can because
I bought that new pc to make that ? I figured out that I could bypass the VT problem ? anyway I have a new pc...
Thank you :)

Dude you better use native install. Not vm. I think mountain lion would perfectly work on your system. I'm developing ios app on hackintosh for 1 year. I haven't yet put any app to store though. Always use latest xcode which is 4.4.

why the code change with the new versions of Xcode and then the books and tutos will be out of date quickly
There is only little change from 4.3 to 4.4. With xcode 4.4 the compiler (llvm) updated 4.0 and it adds some features to language. For example:
This is used to be:
Code:
NSArray *array = [NSArray arrayWithObjects:@"snow leopard", @"lion", @"mountain lion", nil];
and this new:
Code:
NSArray *array = @[@"snow leopard", @"lion", @"mountain lion"];

Dude you better use native install. Not vm. I think mountain lion would perfectly work on your system. I'm developing ios app on hackintosh for 1 year. I haven't yet put any app to store though. Always use latest xcode which is 4.4.

There is only little change from 4.3 to 4.4. With xcode 4.4 the compiler (llvm) updated 4.0 and it adds some features to language. For example:
This is used to be:
Code:
NSArray *array = [NSArray arrayWithObjects:@"snow leopard", @"lion", @"mountain lion", nil];
and this new:
Code:
NSArray *array = @[@"snow leopard", @"lion", @"mountain lion"];

thank you very much for your answer :) but you where can I find the difference in the language in every version of Xcode like the changes in the code that you wrote , because I will follow some tutorials created by Xcode 3 , can I still flow theses tutos ? where to find the changes ?
thank you in advance :)

thank you again :)

After reading your post I can only say...

make an Android app like the rest of your class.

Eclipse is free and all the kids are using it.

Hello,
Thank you for your answer, you know I already started to learn Objective-C and Xcode, and Until now everything is okay, so why you advise me to not develop Ios apps, will I face some problems in the futur using Vmware ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back