Contribute
Register

iOS 6 is now out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maps are really fast compared to google maps. The do not disturb feature is the most convenient to fight telemarketing... great!

Would like to hear from anyone who has upgraded to iOS 6 on a 3GS. I half anticipate a fiasco on the low end, and don't want to bring my phone to its knees like what happened to the 3G in previous updates.

Installed on an iPhone 4 (not 4S) and everything seems alright. Touch screen seems as responsive as 5.1.1

Article: iOS 6 is now out

What version of iTunes does it require? Are the PowerPC Macs that are stuck on vers. 10.6.3 left out of the party?

it works fine with my Power Mac on 10.6.3, updated my Iphone 4 with no problem at all.

Took the plunge and upgraded my 3GS. seems a bit more sluggish in response, but otherwise all seems to be working well.

Dont upgrade your ipad 3. Apple dumped youtube app and siri doesnt work.

Article: iOS 6 is now out

I've been following the iOS 6 threads on the wifi bug over on the Apple forums, and monitoring the operation of my own 3GS since upgrading, and can say definitively that iOS 6 on AT&T on my system is randomly dropping the wifi and pulling/pushing data through the 3G connection for no apparent reason. I've used about 5x as much data bandwidth through 3G than I have ever done so before, with no habit changes, and can actually watch the network icon drop and 3G icon come up while sitting within spitting distance of my router (spitting on the router is not recommended, for those of you playing along at home) and then switch back within 1-2 seconds. :banghead:

After update of my Iphone4S to the latest version 6.0 I encountered a serious bug. Wifi stopped working 3 days after the update. Button to turn on and off Wifi is gray and not active. After several restart problem seemed to fix it, but it works for some time before relocked. I can not find a way to return the old version 5.1.1, without I kept my custom file *.shsh, I had not done. Now I still have to wait for a new version of Apple: (

I wont update my iPod touch to 6.0 because that would kill my Siri :lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back