i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all.

Just about to receive my new Samsung 950 Nvme drive to plug into my z170x gaming 5.
I've read the big thread on the site but can't find any clear set instructions to get the nvme drive working as a boot disk.
Is it simply adding the IONVMeFamily.kext to the Efi 10.11.5 folder when booting through clover? I'm a little slow when configuring plists and not sure if I need to do anything in the KextstoPatch section?

Any help would be appreciated.

Update:
Used RehabMans patch to create the kext for 10. 11.5 and injected it into USB Kexts folder. booted into install no problem. Installed on Samsung 950 rebooted and installed clover.
At thus point I'm stuck. Do I need to install the nvme kext again? Not sure what I need to do after install. I'm getting the stop sign when I try to boot of the ssd but works perfectly when I try to boot from USB

Yes, you'll need to install the kext in the EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kext/10.11.5/ folder

I've tried that but after doing so system gets halfway into booting and restarts itself :crazy:.
Do I need to re patch kext?

Update again. Reinstalled el capitan and did some basic multibeast settings. Added the kext to both efi 10.11 and library extensions folder. But getting a still waiting on root device in verbose mode.
Any ideas?

Had legacy on instead of uefi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back