1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
For example:

disk1s1s2: ioctl(_IOR,'d',79,4) is unsupported
disk1s1 ioctl(_IOR,'d',79,4) is unsupported
disk2s1s2 ioctl(_IOR,'d',79,4) is unsupported
disk5 ioctl(_IOR,'d',79,4) is unsupported

and so on, various combinations and various disk ids.

I'm trying to work out what these persistent and unexplained errors are during some people's installations. What I believe so far (which may prove incorrect):

They seem to happen relatively often to people with Samsung drives, and cross-referencing against this thread - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12990&start=20 - there is also a preponderence of ATI 5770 GPUs...

The '79' might be an invalid ioctl parameter since 'disk.h' on Mac OS defines up to "'d', 78" but not 79 - so this could potentially be a bug in - say - Chameleon?

EDIT:
In disk.h in the XNU source I found this:
#define DKIOCISSOLIDSTATE _IOR('d', 79, uint32_t)
So the failure is apparently happening whilst querying if the disk is an SSD or not.

Some people have reported success booting setting PCIRoot to 1.

Can anyone who has experienced this error please post here.

I just got disk6 ioctl(_IOR,'d',79,4) is unsupported during install, using 10.6.3 and -v -x

Asus -p7p55lx
intel core i7 875k
sapphire ati radeon hd 5870 eyefinity 6 edition
fujitsu 160gb sata hdd(originally from a macbook unibody)
LG sata dvd drive
4GB memory.

EDIT: Booting with -v -x PciRoot=1 seems to have let me get to the installer GUI

Interesting, I get this same error and OSX stops booting completely once it hits it. I'm currently trying to install it on an Acer Laptop Core i3-350M with Intel HD Graphics. The HDD however is Hitachi, so at least in appearance, it doesn't seem to be related to a Samsung HDD error for me. Also, note that I get this error only after updating to 10.6.7, not after a fresh install of 10.6.3.

Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back