Contribute
Register

IOCrest ASM1061 (Asmedia 1061 SATA Host Controller)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 580 Nitro 8GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi !

I´ve plugged a IOCrest ASM1061 (ASMedia 1061 SATA Host Controller) SATA III
controller to my Hackintosh.
The System Profiler shows the controller correctly (2 Channels named ASMedia1061).
But The Controller itself does not detect any of my harddrives or dvd roms !

On startup the Controller say´s "not detected any drives"
(shure, the drives have power & sata cable connected ;-))

Is it possible that this controller is incompatible with my MSI X58 Platinum Mobo ???

Or is anyone here with the same problem ...

Have you installed one of 3rd Party SATA kext driver from Multibeast? I have a P8Z68-M that has an integrated ASM1061 and I'm running Lion off of a disk on that controller.

drwhy said:
Hi !

I´ve plugged a IOCrest ASM1061 (ASMedia 1061 SATA Host Controller) SATA III
controller to my Hackintosh.
The System Profiler shows the controller correctly (2 Channels named ASMedia1061).
But The Controller itself does not detect any of my harddrives or dvd roms !

On startup the Controller say´s "not detected any drives"
(shure, the drives have power & sata cable connected ;-))

Is it possible that this controller is incompatible with my MSI X58 Platinum Mobo ???

Or is anyone here with the same problem ...

I have two PCIe SATA 3 cards which both use ASMedia 1061 chipset:
The first one is PCIe x1 card (Galileo PES320A) which works perfectly in Asus P5Q PRO, P6T SE, & P6T WS Professional motherboards.Its Dev_ID is 0612 matched with Kext Info.
The second one is PCIe x4 card combined with USB 3.0 function (Uptech UTB300 Combo) which can not either boot or being detected in these three Asus motherboards. Its Dev_ID is 0611 not matched with Kext Info.
Even I have edited the Kext Info from 0612 to 0611, the second one still not working in Lion 10.7.2.
May I suggest that please check the Dev_ID of this card in Windows, if it's 0611 instead of 0612 maybe we can figure out some way to make it working in the future.

thelostswede said:
If it doesn't detect your drives on boot, then there's something wrong with the card.
According to the vendor's catalog the second card (Uptech UTB300 Comb) does not support "Booting function" for PC, which means there is no BIOS in it.
While the first card (Galileo PES320A) supports "Booting function" for PC, its BIOS can detect any hard disk connecting with it on booting.
Both cards are working for Windows 7, so I don't think the second card is defective which just not working for Mac OSX only.
So not every card using ASM1061 chip is working for Lion.

Yeah, we're aware of the Uptech card, which is also sold under a few other brands.
Emtech appears to be the original manufacturer of that card http://www.emegatech.com.tw/content/pcie/8636.html
That said, I've contacted ASMedia about that card and they are looking into trying to offer a solution so it can be bootable, as it's an issue with the bridge chip in that case and not the ASM1061 controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back