Contribute
Register

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector... not functional?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Maximus VIII Impact
CPU
i5-6600K
Graphics
GTX780Ti
This seems kinda weird to me. The kext is installed yet drives are still shown as external.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2010-12-31 at 4.48.10 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2010-12-31 at 4.48.10 PM.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 186
mine did the same, sometime reinstalling the kext, rebooting or shutting down corrected it but it seemed random. I also pop in and out of by bios & occasionally boot to another drive that has Snow Leopard & Lion installed

I got sick of trying to figure it out and used dsdt auto patcher and IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector is no longer required

auto patcher: http://olarila.com/blog/

patch attached..

Attachments

• AHCI SATA orange icon.txt
    514 bytes · Views: 148
I'm sure they will work with a DSDT. I just meant that you had an alternative to what Thade suggested. Take the path that appeals to you.

the hardest part with patching the dsdt with the autopatcher is the 30 seconds it takes to register on the site to download the software.... it may even be available elsewhere.

After that, just point the utility to the .txt file included in this thread and the utility will patch your dsdt. After I patched mine I tested it on SL, Lion and ML and everything seems to be working great

personally, I prefer this method over relying on extensions, etc. This patch also correct the dvd player issue for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back