1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Why is my internet connection so slow using Lnx2mac driver and official realtek driver?

I have a 20x3 internet connection, and in windows i average about 18.5 to 19.8 down speed. In Lion (and snow) i get about 300k!!!!

Any thougts?

Here is more info including my specs....

I get ridiculously slow speed when downloading files, or even opening web pages in OSX. The result is the same in both Snow Leopard and Lion. I am using a DSDT made for me by maldon at insanelymac. I have a C2Q 8300 on a Gigabyte G41M-ES2L. It has the realtek RTL8111E gigabit lan onboard. I also have an Atheros Wifi card that is recognized OOB as Airport Extreme. I have used hacmans method (look here viewtopic.php?f=16&t=29670 ) to get the 888b audio working, and also use a USB Sound Blaster card on occasion.
Sleep works fine, Sparkle 9500gt works great.. Everything works great!!! EXCEPT... my internet connection speed is SO SLOW!!! It doesn't matter whether I'm using airport or the on-board card. I am currently using Lnx2Mac's realtek kext, but its the same whether I use it or the official realtek driver.

On average when running a speedtest or downloading a file, the speed is around 300k. I do occasionally get a quick burst up-to about 512k, but not often. My internet connection from my ISP is rated at about 20 by 3, and I consistently get at least 18 down on all machines in my house except my hack.

Is there anyone else out there experiencing the same results? I would really appreciate any help that anyone can provide.

Thank you.

Did you ever find a solution to this issue? I'm having the same issue!

hi I test the speed of my internet in many sites I got the best and accurate speed results from this site http://www.ip-details.com/
my results are
download=1.04kbps
upload=0.77kbps
I dont know the reason why my speed seems to be slow many of them said that if Cable Internet services share bandwidth with satellite Internet access.
If there are many subscribers using that same bandwidth, it can slow down the connection.
kindly guide me how to solve this problem .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back