i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm trying to do a clean install of Mountain Lion on a machine that has successfully run all versions of OSX from Snow Leopard to Mavericks.

I did a clean install of Snow Leopard, upgraded to 10.6.8, downloaded Mountain Lion from the store and did a UniBeast install to a USB key. I can successfully boot from the USB key to the Mountain Lion installer, but the internal SSD I'm trying to install to (and which moments earlier I had installed Snow Leopard to) is not showing up in the Disk Utility.

I even went back to the Snow Leopard installer, formatted the drive so that it's a single empty partition on a GUID drive, then back to the Mountain Lion installer and the drive is nowhere to be seen. The Disk Utility shows the USB drive with the installer, and two internal non-SSD drives containing my Time Machine backups and Windows, respectively.

I feel like I've done everything I can to eliminate the drive itself as part of the problem. As I said it shows for Snow Leopard, but not for Mountain Lion.

Is there a boot flag I'm missing to get it to recognize third-party SSDs?

System specs should be in my profile.

Booted without npci=0x3000 and that seems to have done the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back