Intel Core i7-6500U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 520
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,
I am trying to set up Mojave on Lenovo Yoga 900-13ISK with Intel i7-6500U, Intel HD Graphics 520, no dGPU, 8GB DDR3 RAM non-removable and 3200 x 1800 QHD+ display.

Using RehabMan's config.plist for this GPU, first I needed to add memory definition to SMBIOS to prevent initial panic PHYSMAP_PTOV bounds exceeded. After that I booted installer using FakeID 0x12345678 and the installation went on without issues.

Now trying to properly inject graphics I have ran into an issue: internal display does not work. Boot hangs on IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 unless I plug in external display (via USB-C dongle), then login window shows up there while internal display goes blank (at this point I am generating debug_log).

I suspect this is all due to DVMT-prealloc being 32MB in this laptop. I even tried to change it in UEFI via setup_var 0x180 0x2 (and setup_var2) but it is locked. It was my understanding though, that framebuffer-fbmem and framebuffer-stolenmem should be enough to overcome this? (Using latest Lilu+WhateverGreen).

I have also tried changing AAPL,ig-platform-id from 00001b19 to 00001619 but it did not help.

Can You help me enable internal display on this laptop?

Attachments

• debug_29169.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 102
Hi,
I am trying to set up Mojave on Lenovo Yoga 900-13ISK with Intel i7-6500U, Intel HD Graphics 520, no dGPU, 8GB DDR3 RAM non-removable and 3200 x 1800 QHD+ display.

Using RehabMan's config.plist for this GPU, first I needed to add memory definition to SMBIOS to prevent initial panic PHYSMAP_PTOV bounds exceeded. After that I booted installer using FakeID 0x12345678 and the installation went on without issues.

Now trying to properly inject graphics I have ran into an issue: internal display does not work. Boot hangs on IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 unless I plug in external display (via USB-C dongle), then login window shows up there while internal display goes blank (at this point I am generating debug_log).

I suspect this is all due to DVMT-prealloc being 32MB in this laptop. I even tried to change it in UEFI via setup_var 0x180 0x2 (and setup_var2) but it is locked. It was my understanding though, that framebuffer-fbmem and framebuffer-stolenmem should be enough to overcome this? (Using latest Lilu+WhateverGreen).

I have also tried changing AAPL,ig-platform-id from 00001b19 to 00001619 but it did not help.

Can You help me enable internal display on this laptop?
you will need to set the DVMT to at least 64mb for higher screen resolutions

That's what I feared. If so, is there a way to force lower resolution and run it this way?

That's what I feared. If so, is there a way to force lower resolution and run it this way?
you could try bios-mods.com and see if you can your BIOS in any way?

There is not much on this laptop there, also I'd rather not flash bios chip directly. Could it work if I inject EDID with lower resolution? Because I don't have much more ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back