CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello I was using a GTX 970 which has now been removed. I have uninstalled the web drivers for the Nvidia card.

I am trying to get the integrated graphics working on my Intel I7 3770k on the Z77 UP5 TH. I have tried setting my ig-platform-id to various figures for the HD4000 but none seem to work. Currently I am using 0x0166000a I am using the iMac 14,2 system definition with a clean install of clover. I have IntelGFX set to 0x0.

Attached is an image of the graphics glitch i am experiencing. Changing resolution changes characteristic of the glitch but I am unable to get a proper output. I have tested multiple monitors.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    655.2 KB · Views: 240
  • Image 2.jpeg
    Image 2.jpeg
    874.6 KB · Views: 237
Hello I was using a GTX 970 which has now been removed.
Fix your profile so that it accurately reflects your hardware.

I am trying to get the integrated graphics working on my Intel I7 3770k on the Z77 UP5 TH. I have tried setting my ig-platform-id to various figures for the HD4000 but none seem to work. Currently I am using 0x0166000a I am using the iMac 14,2 system definition with a clean install of clover. I have IntelGFX set to 0x0.
Use Lilu.kext and WhatEverGreen.kext.
See https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/

Attachments

• debug_10490.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 69
Thanks I have updated the profile. I am already using Lilu and WhatEverGreen but the problem still remains. I have attached my problem reporting files.
Hope the uploaded Screen shots of relevant CLOVER/kexts/Other+cofig.plist_Boot,config.plist_Devices+config.plist_Graphics + BIOS _Peripherals+ Clover Boot Manager_Options _Boot Args and GraphicsInjector-> would help you to fix your Graphics issue. and show the fully configured Graphics in AboutThisMac _Overview and and System Report_Graphics &Displays. The uploaded images are from my identical system working OK..

Attachments

• 2.CLOVER:kexts:Other.png
    2.CLOVER:kexts:Other.png
    67.1 KB · Views: 602
  • 3.config.plist_Boot.png
    3.config.plist_Boot.png
    316.2 KB · Views: 600
  • 6.config.plist_Devices.png
    6.config.plist_Devices.png
    273.7 KB · Views: 691
  • 7.config.plist_Graphics.png
    7.config.plist_Graphics.png
    104.6 KB · Views: 527
  • 3.CBM _Boot Args.png
    3.CBM _Boot Args.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 610
  • 3.CBM_GraphicsInjector->.JPG
    3.CBM_GraphicsInjector->.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 528
  • 1.AboutThisMac_Overview.png
    1.AboutThisMac_Overview.png
    82.5 KB · Views: 488
  • 2.Graphics & Displays.png
    2.Graphics & Displays.png
    72 KB · Views: 479
Last edited:
Hope the uploaded Screen shots of relevant CLOVER/kexts/Other+cofig.plist_Boot,config.plist_Devices+config.plist_Graphics + BIOS _Peripherals+ Clover Boot Manager_Options _Boot Args and GraphicsInjector-> would help you to fix your Graphics issue.

Thanks I have tried this and still not got it working. I found your thread when searching before I posted. Seems to be a strange issue as I did get it working twice previously by changing the order of the boot devices. It could be coincidental but I am going to try reflashing to an older bios to see if it helps...

Also may be worth noting I can get an output when booting from the Unibeast USB, though the resolution is poor with no acceleration.
  • I have my monitor connected via HDMI using an HDMI cable with those BIOS options in Peripherals I had uploaded.
  • If your setup is similar and BIOS as shown in my uploaded image and CLOVER setup as I have shown, you should get full Video acceleration.
  • Your uploaded CLOVER/kexts/Other has ONLY FakeSMC.kext. Your config.plist Devices and Graphics have nothing to support Intel HD 4000.
  • To test your system , try manually editing your CBM screen>Options> Boot Args and Graphics Injector-> as shown in my previously uploaded images.
  • Once you reach Desktop of your System on HDD, check Apple>About This Mac_Overview and System report_Graphics and Displays and compare with what I have uploaded previously.
  • If they match , then you need to edit your CLOVER .
  • My Final impression based on evidences you have provided: Defective CLOVER and unknown BIOS setup and Monitor setup.

• My Final impression based on evidences you have provided: Defective CLOVER and unknown BIOS setup and Monitor setup.

Thank you for your help. I now have a Sapphire RX 580 so no longer need to get integrated graphics working.

I can confirm it was connected via HDMI to motherboard port.

I can confirm bios options were the same. I have had onboard graphics working in previous mac OS releases OOB.

I installed WhatEverGreen and Lilu via the Multi Beast utility so this is why you cannot see them in the clover folder. I tried adding them directly in the clover/kexts/other but saw no improvement. I didn't think WhatEverGreen is actually required for Intel HD4000, it should have native support?

What I had in About this mac overview was all correct, showing the full memory and recognised the graphics, however the

glitches were still present.

I tried all ig-platform-ids and various system definitions too with no success.

As I mention I no longer need to get it working but thought it may be useful to post all this for anyone else in future with a similar issue. Also worth noting is your motherboard is GA-Z77X-UP4-TH and mine is GA-Z77X-UP5-TH so they are slightly different. I have seen other users get graphics OOB with no issue on Mojave on the same motherboard:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ricks-mojave-on-ga-z77x-up5-th-system.264981/

Thank you for your help. I now have a Sapphire RX 580 so no longer need to get integrated graphics working.

I can confirm it was connected via HDMI to motherboard port.

I can confirm bios options were the same. I have had onboard graphics working in previous mac OS releases OOB.

I installed WhatEverGreen and Lilu via the Multi Beast utility so this is why you cannot see them in the clover folder. I tried adding them directly in the clover/kexts/other but saw no improvement. I didn't think WhatEverGreen is actually required for Intel HD4000, it should have native support?

What I had in About this mac overview was all correct, showing the full memory and recognised the graphics, however the

glitches were still present.

I tried all ig-platform-ids and various system definitions too with no success.

As I mention I no longer need to get it working but thought it may be useful to post all this for anyone else in future with a similar issue. Also worth noting is your motherboard is GA-Z77X-UP4-TH and mine is GA-Z77X-UP5-TH so they are slightly different. I have seen other users get graphics OOB with no issue on Mojave on the same motherboard:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ricks-mojave-on-ga-z77x-up5-th-system.264981/

My motherboard as listed in my profile is Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH and CPU: i7 3770K. I find your listed hardware in your profile and in the Build signature differ in its Motherboard with the"X" missing in the Motherboard's model in your Profile.

That however bears no relevance to the Integrated Graphics from the CPU i7 3770K under discussion which is common to both of us.

Intel HD 4000
from CPU i7 3770K would work with full acceleration only with ig-platform-id.
I use 01660003 both in maOS High Sierra and in Mojave.

I have uploaded Screenshots documenting everything on the thread #4 from my working Triple boot System.

Since I didn't use Multibeast to install my system, I cannot comment about it especially when the reference linked above lacks complete and full documentation[No uploaded images of : AboutThisMac_Overview and System Report...>Graphics and Displays., Clover /config.plist_Devices or config.plist_Graphics] to verify.

Does Multibeast 11 for Mojave edit CLOVER/config.plist to use Intel HD 4000?

If it does not make needed changes in config.plist and provide only the needed Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext, Multibeast alone may not be sufficient to use Integrated Intel HD 4000. User will have to edit CLOVER/config.plist after running Multibeast.

I think the current use of Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext is to replace FakePCIID kext , FakeID and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext used previously for earlier version of macOS to support Intel HD Graphics not natively supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back