Contribute
Register

Intermittent Mouse/Trackpad problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rehabman

I am going to attempt this later tonight or tomorrow morning

Do I just need to run the osx installer over my existing installation and it will replace the kexts with the apple originals or is there another way to do this? If I do the former, will this affect any other software/installs that are on the computer (eg logic audio)

When I have restored the original apple kexts, do I need to create a clover USB stick and follow one of the guides on here - is that all I need to do or is there anything else I need to check/be aware of?.. I believe I don't have to delete any other files (eg extra folder) that were placed on the drive by the old probook installer?

Thank you for your valuable help and suggestions with this

Hi Rehabman

I am going to attempt this later tonight or tomorrow morning

Do I just need to run the osx installer over my existing installation and it will replace the kexts with the apple originals or is there another way to do this? If I do the former, will this affect any other software/installs that are on the computer (eg logic audio)

When I have restored the original apple kexts, do I need to create a clover USB stick and follow one of the guides on here - is that all I need to do or is there anything else I need to check/be aware of?.. I believe I don't have to delete any other files (eg extra folder) that were placed on the drive by the old probook installer?

Thank you for your valuable help and suggestions with this

Running the OS X installer will replace Apple kexts with vanilla. It should not affect other software you have installed. Always have a backup just in case, of course.

You will need to follow the ProBook guide for post-installation with Clover.

Cloned my chameleon mavericks drive
Followed all the instructions for clover and reinstalling vanilla kexts
And so far....all seems well

:)

many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back