i5-2400
Graphics
R7 250
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Good evening,

I built my hackintosh following several guides here on Tonymacx86.com, the main one I used (As it very closely matches my configuration) was viewtopic.php?t=42760&p=270152

My configuration IS listed in my signature block and is up to date with all components in use.
I did install using Unibeast, direct to 10.7 Lion and then used MultiBeast with the DSDT file for my mainboard and BIOS version. (GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 Bios F9 H/W version 1.0)

For the most part, things work and I have been relatively happy, however, I am getting intermittent kernel panics which seam to relate to the NIC, but I am unsure how to proceed or how to resolve. I have been reading for several weeks now, attempted to search the forums (which is a hard thing to do when you have no idea what you're looking for!) and so I finally hope I can get a hand by posting here! :banghead:

I have tried both of these Network Drivers/Kexts:
- Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet v0.0.90 (Currently in use, I think)
- Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6 for 10.7 (The original Kext I chose, had same issue with KP)
**I have NOT removed any Kexts from my system, so if I need to do that, I would appreciate knowing how.

I am not sure what to type out from the picture I took of the screen, so I am posting the image here (I have blanked out part of the screen which had sensitive data on it, but I can assure you the text of the KP is fully intact).

ANY HELP is greatly appreciated! :clap:

Attachments

• IMG_0478 copy.jpg
    IMG_0478 copy.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 150
I was hoping I could get some suggestions on how to work through this?

Any help is appreciated!

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

I was hoping for any possible suggestions on this problem, surely I can't be the only one.

powerpcg5 said:
Ahhh yes, that intermittent, random KP.... here's the FIX for you.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=48091

PowerPCG5,

THANK YOU!

I have to tell you, I was literally gearing up to dump the Hackintosh and just go buy a new iMac, just to resolve this madness and get back to stability.

In reading more on this card and other input received on the web and the forum link, I have jumped over to Amazon and purchased it (for some strange reason, I can't find anyone in Canada that sells it) so the $64.00 it cost me, with shipping, will be worth every penny! :D

Thank you for responding. When the card arrives in 5-10 days, I will get it installed.

Aside from actually inserting it, and disabling the Realtek on-board card in the BIOS (I should do this, right?), is there any other changes that need to be made (aside from the System Preferences, of course)?

Thanks again! :thumbup:

aalb75 said:
Hi, have you tried to run repair permissions in multi beast? It has helped me a couple of times.

Thank you for responding. I have been in and out of MultiBeast lots of times. I always select the option to Repair Permissions each time, as I know they break (a lot) :)

I appreciate the input, but it doesn't seem to fix anything in this case, it appears to just be that the Realtek onboard NICs just aren't that great!

Thanks again! :thumbup:

Aside from actually inserting it, and disabling the Realtek on-board card in the BIOS (I should do this, right?), is there any other changes that need to be made (aside from the System Preferences, of course)?
Nope... just enter your new IP address and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back