Register

Intermittent Freezing Sonoma and Monterey. NootRX or Whatevergreen

Motherboard
Gigabyte b550m aorus elite ax
CPU
Ryzen 7 5800X
Graphics
RX 6650 XT
I have an issue where my mouse can move freely but I am unable to click anything/the system is unresponsive. I have created 2 EFI's, one with NootRX and the other with Whatevergreen. This issue occurs with both EFI folders. I have configured my bios according to the dortania guide so I am unsure what I could be missing :rolleyes: I am going on a month trying to resolve this issue now and it's driving me nuts lol. It occurs on both Sonoma AND Monterey. I have added USBMap kext to my EFI too with no luck:mad:. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am attaching both EFI's.
Specs-
Ryzen 5800x
Gigabyte b550m aorus elite ax v2
rx 6650 xt
16gb ram

Video of freezing- https://streamable.com/zujjvt

Attachments

• EFI-Whatevergreen.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 1
  • EFI.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 10
I have an issue where my mouse can move freely but I am unable to click anything/the system is unresponsive. I have created 2 EFI's, one with NootRX and the other with Whatevergreen. This issue occurs with both EFI folders. I have configured my bios according to the dortania guide so I am unsure what I could be missing :rolleyes: I am going on a month trying to resolve this issue now and it's driving me nuts lol. It occurs on both Sonoma AND Monterey. I have added USBMap kext to my EFI too with no luck:mad:. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am attaching both EFI's.
Specs-
Ryzen 5800x
Gigabyte b550m aorus elite ax v2
rx 6650 xt
16gb ram

Video of freezing- https://streamable.com/zujjvt
you are using MacPro6,1 in your config.plist

but your info.plist in your USBMap.kext says MacPro7,1

they should both be the same

Also add 3841 to PlatformInfo > Generic > ProcessorType.

you are using MacPro6,1 in your config.plist

but your info.plist in your USBMap.kext says MacPro7,1

they should both be the same
I had just switched from MacPro7,1 to 6,1 to see if that made any difference. I'll switch it back to 7,1 to get everything in line with the info.plist

@craighazan added 3841 with no change :/ Here is the current EFI with ProcessorType and MacPro7,1 SMBIOS

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 3
Did you reset NVRAM?. Try enabling shaneees patch and disabling algrey.

Screenshot 2023-12-28 at 1.52.02 PM.png

Last edited:
Did you reset NVRAM?. Try enabling shaneees patch and disabling algrey.

View attachment 576487
I added ResetNVRAM to Drivers and then reset nvram. I have also tried Shaneee's patch in place of aigrey without difference... This error is driving me nuts trying to track it down.

NVMeFix.kext is not supported in macOS Sonoma. Try removing of disabling this kext.

AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext and SMCAMDProcessor.kext can cause unnecessary issues, especially when using NootRX.kext or NootedRed.kext. One of the developers advised me to remove these two kexts when I was discussing a previous issue on a similar Asus B500/Ryzen 5 5600G/Ryzen 7 5700G system.

Your USBMap.kext contains too many USB2 ports.
  1. Your motherboard has 4 x USB2 physical ports but there are 6 x ports set with the connector type USB2 (0).
  2. Are the two addition USB2 ports served from an internal USB header on the motherboard?
  3. If yes, you may need to set these with the connector type 'Internal' (255).
  4. If they are Virtual USB2 ports served from a USB3 header or physical port, then they need to be set with connector type USB3 (3), to match the physical attributes of the senior port.
Adding a comment for each active port would be helpful, providing only a few comments about the ports leaves too much unknown when someone is reviewing the info.plist in the kext.

NVMeFix.kext is not supported in macOS Sonoma. Try removing of disabling this kext.

AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext and SMCAMDProcessor.kext can cause unnecessary issues, especially when using NootRX.kext or NootedRed.kext. One of the developers advised me to remove these two kexts when I was discussing a previous issue on a similar Asus B500/Ryzen 5 5600G/Ryzen 7 5700G system.

Your USBMap.kext contains too many USB2 ports.
  1. Your motherboard has 4 x USB2 physical ports but there are 6 x ports set with the connector type USB2 (0).
  2. Are the two addition USB2 ports served from an internal USB header on the motherboard?
  3. If yes, you may need to set these with the connector type 'Internal' (255).
  4. If they are Virtual USB2 ports served from a USB3 header or physical port, then they need to be set with connector type USB3 (3), to match the physical attributes of the senior port.
Adding a comment for each active port would be helpful, providing only a few comments about the ports leaves too much unknown when someone is reviewing the info.plist in the kext.
Thanks Ed, I will make the suggested modifications to my EFI+ redo USB mapping and post back. Cheers

Update @Edhawk I redid my USB mapping again with USBToolbox following this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-usb-ports-map-for-macos-with-usbtoolbox.324437/ . I had a weird issue when mapping where I could plug a usb into a port into the bottom of the rear panel and it would show up as port 3 but if I moved the usb to the top portion of the rear panel it would also show as port 3... I mapped 2 USB ports at a time and labeled them with comments. I also created an EFI using USBInjectAll to see if that made any difference but it did not. Still freezing/spinning beach ball mouse wheel any time I go to click/type but the mouse still moves freely, it's like a "lag"/delay in any actions. I tried both MacPro7,1 AND iMacPro1,1 but both SMBIOS had this same issue. I had this GPU working 100% in a previous i7 9700k build. I verified acceleration using VideoProc on my current Monterey ryzen install, picture attached with the results. I have tried searching through topics on freezing but I am stumped :cry: I don't want anybody to think I am being lazy/not reading the manual so if there is any documentation that can be linked to Point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Could it be my ACPI? I have SSDT-CPUR.aml + SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml, is there a 3rd for b550m? I have also attached the different EFI's. Thank you in advance

Unknown.jpeg

Attachments

• USBInjectAllEFI-MacPro7-1.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
  • USBMapped-USBToolbox-IMacPro1,1.zip
  • USBMapped-USBToolbox-MacPro7-1.zip
Back