Contribute
Register

Interim Realtek Ivy Bridge Lion AppleHDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to make this work without a DSDT with the ALC887? DSDT messes up waking up from sleep on the motherboard.

wh1tecastle said:
Is it possible to make this work without a DSDT with the ALC887? DSDT messes up waking up from sleep on the motherboard.
If the DSDT prevents your system from waking up then you are using a DSDT that doesn't match your board or BIOS version or the applied patches are wrong. In the last case start with vanilla DSDT and apply only those patches step by step that are necessary. Thoroughly test after each applied patch.

Mieze

Mieze said:
wh1tecastle said:
If the DSDT prevents your system from waking up then you are using a DSDT that doesn't match your board or BIOS version or the applied patches are wrong. In the last case start with vanilla DSDT and apply only those patches step by step that are necessary. Thoroughly test after each applied patch.

Mieze

I extracted a vanilla DSDT from my system and only added the necessary audio edits.

wh1tecastle said:
I extracted a vanilla DSDT from my system and only added the necessary audio edits.
Looks like the audio edits you applied are not compatible with your board. The mainboards with series 7 chipset are quite different than older boards and usually require less changes. than others. Maybe you could upload a vanilla DSDT and the patched version so that we could take a look at it?

Mieze

Mieze said:
wh1tecastle said:
Looks like the audio edits you applied are not compatible with your board. The mainboards with series 7 chipset are quite different than older boards and usually require less changes. than others. Maybe you could upload a vanilla DSDT and the patched version so that we could take a look at it?

Mieze

I'm not using a DSDT at all but I will attach the one extracted by DSDTSE and the edits I made to it.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    38.2 KB · Views: 164
  • dsdt.aml
    38.4 KB · Views: 164
Hello wh1tecastle,

it didn't surprise me that your DSDT didn't work. You forgot to correct the errors so that even the vanilla DSDT contained lots of errors. I fixed them and added the HDEF patch for layout-id 287. Hope this will solve your problem!

Good luck!

Mieze

Attachments

• DSDT-GA-Z77-DS3H.aml.zip
    13.9 KB · Views: 117
Mieze said:
Hello wh1tecastle,

it didn't surprise me that your DSDT didn't work. You forgot to correct the errors so that even the vanilla DSDT contained lots of errors. I fixed them and added the HDEF patch for layout-id 287. Hope this will solve your problem!

Good luck!

Mieze

Thanks! :clap:

It works perfectly! I'm able to wake up from sleep and the sound works properly!

Thank you very much! :headbang:

wh1tecastle said:
Thanks! :clap:

It works perfectly! I'm able to wake up from sleep and the sound works properly!

Thank you very much! :headbang:
Great! Please sent the DSDT to tonxmacx86 so that he can add it to the database. I guess there are a lot of users with the same board looking for a solution.

Mieze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back